Peacock=D

eggie87

Apr 4, 2012
Mimosa road, Singapore
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Framing, brightness, colour saturation and hues
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
was trying to get the peacock to pose today so i can get to capture the details of colours, lines and textures..he kept showing me his butt everytime i walked around to get infront of him..he rather let my gf take pics of him than me..
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
was a cloudy day..indoor, sweaty and tired. late afternoon..shot at ISO 400, F2.8 on my 100mm macro L Lens, 1/160 shutter speed
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
i think something is lacking in the picture..not sure what though..

Last edited:
I like the composition and the framing. Nicely done. Beautiful details too.
I just feel that the blue/turquoise tones on the the body are a little too shiny. Is it because of the post processing?
But its a nice angle. The feathers are on a perpendicular plane, which i think makes it very easy on the eyes.
Cheers!

I like the composition and the framing. Nicely done. Beautiful details too.
I just feel that the blue/turquoise tones on the the body are a little too shiny. Is it because of the post processing?
But its a nice angle. The feathers are on a perpendicular plane, which i think makes it very easy on the eyes.
Cheers!

The turquoise and blues was abit less saturated..Lol think I over did it..cause the white stripes on the face are abit blue..Lol..original pic was abit dull cause of poor lighting n the poor peacock was in not a good shape..the tips of the feathers were broken n father colours weren't healthy..it was abit bald in certain areas...contrasts was also steeper.so not easy to adjust the lighting without making the pic look unnatural...it was friendly enough to let me stand right beside him..guess lots of kids or tourist abused it..

Last edited:
The turquoise and blues was abit less saturated..Lol think I over did it..cause the white stripes on the face are abit blue..Lol..original pic was abit dull cause of poor lighting n the poor peacock was in not a good shape..the tips of the feathers were broken n father colours weren't healthy..it was abit bald in certain areas...contrasts was also steeper.so not easy to adjust the lighting without making the pic look unnatural...it was friendly enough to let me stand right beside him..guess lots of kids or tourist abused it..

agreed with the dull cast on the peacock body, makes it look lifeless

oh man such a nice peacock. the angle is great however i feel that its lacking sharpness and also colour saturation. U can try to add abit of colour saturation. Add some detail to it and also adjust the shawdow and contrast and pic will lookst great.

oh man such a nice peacock. the angle is great however i feel that its lacking sharpness and also colour saturation. U can try to add abit of colour saturation. Add some detail to it and also adjust the shawdow and contrast and pic will lookst great.

The sharpness is only around the eyes area..dop write shallow..the rest of the colors were blended behind to give it a more soothing texture..everything sharp isn't good...saturation I thought it was over saturated? Lol