PDA PHONE - DOPOD 818PRO or HP RW6828

Status
Not open for further replies.

sojourn88

May 9, 2003
Bukit Panjang
any idea which is better PDA phone?
Dopod 818Pro and HP RW6828
both are around $499 with 2 years contract.
I am looking for PDA phone with WIFI connectivity, and of cos a good phone to do phone stuff like SMS, incoming, outgoing calls, no hanging.

any idea which is better PDA phone?
Dopod 818Pro and HP RW6828
both are around $499 with 2 years contract.
I am looking for PDA phone with WIFI connectivity, and of cos a good phone to do phone stuff like SMS, incoming, outgoing calls, no hanging.

how about E61 ?

dopod 818pro :thumbsup: using it about a year liao :thumbsup:

I used Dopod 818 pro to HP RW 6828 to Nokia E61.

I would still prefer the HP!

Dopod would require a bit of tweaking of the processor like overclocking.

HP is good as it loads with more RAM compared to the Dopod, about 25Mb vs 33Mb (at factory setting).

If you are talking about stability, both should be pretty stable since both have updated ROM versions. But windows being windows, it will definitely hang although I find that the hanging rate for HP is lower than Dopod.

Having used the E61, I really like the idea of having a qwerty keyboard and you will find SMSing to be a bit slow if you are using your stylus. so my ideal phone now is Dopod 838 Pro :lovegrin:

You can try www.ppcsg.com for more info on PDAs.

actually, neither.

Dopod 838Pro or D810, or even Nokia N80 / E61 / N95.

818Pro is dogslow, 200Mhz Texes Instrument's OMAP processor is just too slow. The whole idea of Windows mobile is all about Multitasking. this thing cant even connect to Wifi and MSN smoothly =/

HP RW6828 is slightly better. the size is good, but however, being HP, you lose quite abit of software. for a start, you wont get any onscreen keypad like what Dopods / O2 have. that alone is a major turn off, since onscreen keypad is probably the fastest way to input SMSes.

Actually, do consider Nokia phones. Having higher res screens, cheaper overall price, having almost all that you need already preloaded in it's Symbian OS... =)

Dopod looks fun and impressive .... until something goes wrong and you need to get it serviced .... the guy at the other end of their international helpdesk line was condescending to the max and the service of their authorised center here was one big dinosaur crap. :thumbsd:

_

Have tried out HP6828 and currently have the Nokia E61.

The HP6828 is laggy man...hangs also. No in-built chinese char support. Unfriendly... you cant drive and dial a number as you need 2 hands to hold and operate the stylus to search for a contact as this device does not have a hardware keypad. Hardwarezone forum plenty of used 6828 selling at super cheap price now.

E61 is shiok man!

Status
Not open for further replies.