Paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

genie47

Anyone with experience with Paypal? I'm stalking around eBay and the stuff look tempting to get. Most of the people accept Paypal. Anyone of you using their services?

I've used then to send money, that's ok, but if the deal goes sour and your money is refunded, you might get trouble getting it out.

this might be less of a problem now as they have started accepting singapore bank accounts... I've been trying to add my posb account.. but I can't find the information like

branch code
bank code
blah blah......

Originally posted by rueyloon
I've used then to send money, that's ok, but if the deal goes sour and your money is refunded, you might get trouble getting it out.

this might be less of a problem now as they have started accepting singapore bank accounts... I've been trying to add my posb account.. but I can't find the information like

branch code
bank code
blah blah......

I already registered my UOB account with them. Rueyloon, you can call up the Branch where you open your account to ask for the information. I believe paypal also have a branch code guide for singapore at the page you enter those information.

I have used PayPal many times before and have not have any problems with them.

rueyloon: you can get the info from your bank or you can call them an ask for it. Actually you can get the info from your bank book. There is a string of numbers, and it contains all the info like bankcode and branch code...........unless you know which is which.

Best is to use credit card because if something goes wrong with the purchase you are protected by the card conditions on legal matters.

Beware when buying online with certain store in U.S. They are out to knock you. If you need more info of the more reliable stores I can assist you in choosing one

Cheers!

Ive used paypal, no problems except that the charge some money for certain things. Example if someone sends u money via credit card instead of via paypal money, they charge u a few US dollars. And if U transfer money from ur paypal account to ur bank, also cost a few dollars...and worse if U transfered money to ur bank account BUT it did not get thru, they still deduct money...
but if U using paypal to buy things then it'll be ok...

So is from what I am gathering, linking the Paypal account to your own credit card account if you have one is better?

Originally posted by rueyloon

branch code
bank code
blah blah......

Look for your cheque book....

br code is 9xxx (9 something)
bank code is first 3 numbers of your account...

Paypal is good.

Yes, there are charges for withdrawing money, but they are very efficient and secured.

And the customer service is very helpful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.