Payment in Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going Man Shing in Hong Kong to purchase camera lenses. Anybody knows if we can use credit card to pay?

just came back on last monday.... i went to Wing Shing to buy lenses, can pay by cc or cash, fixed price.

Good service

yes without additional charges.

i was told that if you use Master then it will convert to US dollars 1st then to Sin dollars but if visa then will be directly back to Sin dollars.

So i guess depends on the exchange rate?

:dunno:

i was told that if you use Master then it will convert to US dollars 1st then to Sin dollars but if visa then will be directly back to Sin dollars.

So i guess depends on the exchange rate?

:dunno:

i am not so sure about that. the conversion rate by bank is not as good so normally i would factor in another 2% difference if i am using credit card.

Going Man Shing in Hong Kong to purchase camera lenses. Anybody knows if we can use credit card to pay?

Wing shing can pay cc without additional surcharge. Bare in mind you will loose typically 4% savings due to the infavorable exchnage rate by CC versus what you change in Sgp.

As a real example, the rates I change in early dec is 1SGD=5.33HKD but credit card used 1SGD=5.23SGD

Use cc only if you really have no choice else the 3-5% diff can buy you a good meal!

NOTE: no point changing to HKD in HK as the rates there worst than cc.

Wing shing can pay cc without additional surcharge. Bare in mind you will loose typically 4% savings due to the infavorable exchnage rate by CC versus what you change in Sgp.

As a real example, the rates I change in early dec is 1SGD=5.33HKD but credit card used 1SGD=5.23SGD

Use cc only if you really have no choice else the 3-5% diff can buy you a good meal!

NOTE: no point changing to HKD in HK as the rates there worst than cc.

YEa youre right,

I just got my credit card bill for the purchses from Wingshing, lousy rates man.
It was 0.186 when I calculated but the card uses 0.1914.

in any case, it really depends on how much you spend, unless you are planning to spend a whole deal, dont loose sleep over it.

otto

Status
Not open for further replies.