Passport size photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
Hi all,

Have tried searching for the above post b4 but do not quite understand.

Just need to ask if I take a human potrait in 1200 x 1600, what size should I resize it in order for the shop to print for me in passport size?

Thanks a lot for any assistance!

i think you'll have a hard time locating a shop that is willing to do this for you. if everyone starts taking their own photos, they'll lose their business.

what are you going to use it for? if it's for official purposes you'll have to follow a specific format, ie size, background colour, etc...

Originally posted by munfai
i think you'll have a hard time locating a shop that is willing to do this for you. if everyone starts taking their own photos, they'll lose their business.

what are you going to use it for? if it's for official purposes you'll have to follow a specific format, ie size, background colour, etc...

Size the thing to 35mm x 45mm at 300dpi (approx 411 x 531 pixels), tile as many as you can fit into a 1800x1200 image file then send for 4R printing. This will give you 4 x 2 (8 in total) passport photos onto 1 4R paper.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Size the thing to 35mm x 45mm at 300dpi (approx 411 x 531 pixels), tile as many as you can fit into a 1800x1200 image file then send for 4R printing. This will give you 4 x 2 (8 in total) passport photos onto 1 4R paper.

Regards
CK

Cool, thanks ckiang!

I will try it out and see :)

Originally posted by ckiang

Regards
CK

is 411 x531 the standard size?? cool man!

Status
Not open for further replies.