Part-time Repairman Part 2

Hi David

Need help to clean my lens...inside got water. 18-135mm. What is the cost?
Dan

Hi David,

Do u still help clean fungus in minolta len?

Thanks
J2meePok

Hi David,

Requesting your help to clean a Canon 20-35mm lens. Could you advise on the charges?

I'll send you a PM. Thsnk you!

Cheers,
Greenturtle

Hi David,

I have a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II that have dust in it(Inside where i can't reached it), can advise on the price in removing it?

Regards

Hi David,

Requesting your help to clean a Canon 20-35mm lens. Could you advise on the charges?

I'll send you a PM. Thank you!

Cheers,
Greenturtle

Thanks David for cleaning the lens! Will be trying out in 2 weeks while on a road trip. Will come back to you for your excellent service again! :)

hihi! do lemme know when you have a free slot to have a look at my AFS17-35? mentioned this to you a couple of mths ago. thnx. :)

Hi,

Would like to check with you the rough cost of cleaning the viewfinder of the canonet giii ql17.

thanks.

Hi David,

When I take my pictures against a bright blue sky, I notice there are a lot of dirt specks. I suspect either my CCD is dirty or my lens got fungus. Also, my viewfinder is fricking dirty. How much do you think it would cost to fix my camera?

Cheers,

Terence

Sorry, forgot to mention,

My Camera is Canon EOS 400D
and my Lens is Canon 17-55mm IS EF/S f2.8

Cheers,

Terence

Hi PMed you a couple of nites ago about cleaning of my Nikon (tamron) zoom and Nikkor macro lens. can you revert? tks

Hi bro, i'm not really in a hurry, but am looking at sending my Nikon FM for cleaning, viewfinder is dirty. The mirror bump strip is also gone, wonder if u sell anything, if the price for a full service is reasonable, i'm ready to send it to you, do reply once you're available.

How I fixed a broken FFC cable:

Broken FFC cable encircled in red:
2291.JPG

Slowly scrape the cable until the copper is expose then solder a very thin wire
5145.JPG

Cut the wires then cover with special glue as insulation and to prevent oxidation.
6109.JPG

How I fixed lens creep:
replaced the rubber spacer
3236.JPG

Had a mobile problem yesterday. Some contacts deleted. :cry:
Looking for the guy who sent a dropped Tokina 28-70mm F2.8
Sorry, was not able to record you mobile number. I could only remember the last 4 digits
Please send me an sms.

Just got back my Nikon 28-70mm F2.8 a few days ago. It refused to focus to infinity, as if there was something blocking it. I was quite worried that it was the AF motor, if it was it would cost me half of what I paid for the lens just to fix it at Nikon. So I decided to ask David instead.

David managed to fix it and explained to me slowly what went wrong. Apparently the glue of one of the components inside came loose, blocking some other component. Easy fix (for him!).

Kudos to him, nice friendly guy. ;p

Very friendly repairman...even when I met him early in morning, he is professional enough to settle my issues on the spot.

UpZ for fatigue!!