Paronama of singapore skyline

bluewind

Dec 3, 2010
5425225492_2599a3ba79_b.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
Sharpness, Lighting, composition and paronama.

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
Better composition & paronama shot.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Paronama shot with tripod around 730pm

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image?
Newbie here. First attempt to take a paronama shot with tripod.
How and what i need to do to improve it. Appreciate your comments.

Last edited:
perspective not corrected and no breathing space on the sides of the frame. i think a tad later the sky might have been more dramatic?

perspective not corrected and no breathing space on the sides of the frame. i think a tad later the sky might have been more dramatic?

Thanks for the comment, points noted.

I should not tilt the camera backwards instead should raise the lens/camera or use tilt/shift lens option? Will try again soon.

Can teach me how to do paronama shot? using what software?
newbie here... step by step pls

I should not tilt the camera backwards instead should raise the lens/camera or use tilt/shift lens option? Will try again soon.

Just do it in post processing. The tallest tripod will not be high enough and there is no higher vantage point at site so unless you can bring a scissors lift to shoot from, photoshop is the easiest option. And would you really pay $3-4k for a TS lense to shoot panoramic.

Just do it in post processing. The tallest tripod will not be high enough and there is no higher vantage point at site so unless you can bring a scissors lift to shoot from, photoshop is the easiest option. And would you really pay $3-4k for a TS lense to shoot panoramic.

ok noted. will brush up my skills in pp. Thanks

Can teach me how to do paronama shot? using what software?
newbie here... step by step pls

Not sure if its OT to post in critique corner. Anyway, sent u a private message.

Personally, I don't really have a problem with the perspective issue as that seldom bothers me; in fact I think it comes out quite nicely in your pic. However if you were doing a stitched paronama (sic - it's spelt panorama by the way) and you wanted more space, you could adjust your camera to take vertical instead of horizontal shots, and get more top/bottom space (unless you are already doing that).

Another pointer is that your exposures are not that long, but long enough to cause the distracting trails of lights from the boats. Maybe given that you wanted the sky and didn't have time to wait and the changing conditions of the sky, but it's something to take note of and plan for the next time. How small was your aperture when you took the pics anyway?

Just my 2c - I'm not an expert anyway.

Personally, I don't really have a problem with the perspective issue as that seldom bothers me; in fact I think it comes out quite nicely in your pic. However if you were doing a stitched paronama (sic - it's spelt panorama by the way) and you wanted more space, you could adjust your camera to take vertical instead of horizontal shots, and get more top/bottom space (unless you are already doing that).

Another pointer is that your exposures are not that long, but long enough to cause the distracting trails of lights from the boats. Maybe given that you wanted the sky and didn't have time to wait and the changing conditions of the sky, but it's something to take note of and plan for the next time. How small was your aperture when you took the pics anyway?

Just my 2c - I'm not an expert anyway.

Oops, sorry for the wrong spelling. I did have more top/bottom space just that i crop it out. My setting was f16, iso 100, 20sec and was in a rush as well.

Thanks for the comment. Will think & plan ahead next time

A very good attempt for a newbie. Nothing to comment besides agreeing with trying to correct the perspective. Not too distracting here though.