Paris room rental quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
Hi all...

Want to know what's the average rental for rooms in Paris, for long stay ~1 year..

Just basic amenties such as kitchen and a room will be sufficient. :)

Even better if anyone can point me to some sites which has everything about 'Living and working in Paris' :)

Thanks in advance.

which part of paris are you looking at?

if right in the heart, you would ben looking at around 700-1200 euros plus/minus the electricity, heating and water.

if further out, u could get by for abt 400-600 euros. u might be able to find cheaper ones in the students accormodation. else you might want to source for long-term bed and breakfast places. i do know of some ppl who stayed long term at bed and breakfasts, doing part-time work for them to cover costs.

which part of paris are you looking at?

if right in the heart, you would ben looking at around 700-1200 euros plus/minus the electricity, heating and water.

if further out, u could get by for abt 400-600 euros. u might be able to find cheaper ones in the students accormodation. else you might want to source for long-term bed and breakfast places. i do know of some ppl who stayed long term at bed and breakfasts, doing part-time work for them to cover costs.

Thanks so much!

If it's further out for 400-600 euros, is it really far? If travel by subway to the city, estimate will be how long? Is there any website that points to such online websites?

Thanks again!! :)

I had a chance to stay in an "apartment" right in the heart of Paris. It was just opposite the well known auction house Sotheby's and at most 50m away from the Elysee palace. Rental was EUR400 per week, I was thrilled and took that option without looking at the place as it meant SGD100 odd per night during a recent holiday I had there. When I reached the place, I was in for a nasty surprise. Unlike the buildings we have here in Singapore, there are many apartments in Paris that are still predominantly made of wood and other non concrete materials. The apartment that I stayed in was probably a bigger apartment cut out to smaller ones that are no bigger than a 4NG HDB apartment's master bedroom plus toilet. So you get a small cooking area, a place just big enough for a bed and a toilet. The ventilation was pretty bad, and the room had a scent of smoke that just doesn't go away. I heard that Parisians likes smoking, and I wouldn't be surprise looking at the amount of cigarette buds I observed littered all over the streets. The walls are rather thin and you can hear your neighbours talking and bathing. The floors are made of wood, and they are not levelled, always sloping in some direction and always creaking as you moved about. I finally understood why those aftermath pictures of WWII bombings always showed buildings where the exterior facade made or bricks were still intact and everything else was burnt to the ground, that's because almost everything within the building right up to the ceiling was probably made of combustible wood and plaster. There were 2 and 3 star hotels I visited and the condition was almost the same, although they looked more presentable. I have visited some apartments in New York, those that are pretty run down and dark, but at least they had concrete floors, maybe the plaster walls were similar. I guess it might have something to do with the fact that most buildings you see in the heart of Paris were built more than a hundred years ago. The facades are beautiful, but the interior really something else, and it seemed normal for them. I have also visited other bulidings in Paris that were all concrete and everything like what we have in Singapore, but these were generally the offices, department stores and expensive hotels. There are actually modern and better conditioned apartmets on the outskirts of Paris as I saw them when travelling to and from the airport, but my short stay did not afford me a chance to visit one. A simple way to find out more about an apartment would be to ask when the apartment was built or if it has concrete floors, but I don't know if Parisians will feel offended by such questions. So if you have not visited Paris before, I would suggest that you view the apartment before making any long term commitments.

Hi all...

Want to know what's the average rental for rooms in Paris, for long stay ~1 year..

Just basic amenties such as kitchen and a room will be sufficient. :)

Even better if anyone can point me to some sites which has everything about 'Living and working in Paris' :)

Thanks in advance.

I happened to stay at this studio apartment where there's the living rm , small kitchen, toilet and a balcony. Condition ok. Location right in the heart of paris, walking distance to tourist landmarks. Save on accomodation so that can spend on your beloved LVs, Pradas :blah:

Studio Apartments Rue de la Harpe for 4 pax.

8-18 Rue de la harpe , Paris 75005
Phone: +33 6 8478 3129

Don't know how much for long stay though, stay for 2 weeks and cost ~ €500 per week. you can call to check if they have package for long stay. Guess it's not considered cheap. Can find cheaper ones. do take your time. ;)

Thanks so much!

If it's further out for 400-600 euros, is it really far? If travel by subway to the city, estimate will be how long? Is there any website that points to such online websites?

Thanks again!! :)

Hello Daniel,

I am living in Paris now. For about 700-800euros, it's a 30m2 apartment right in central Paris. The size will be great for 1 person, for 2 persons, it's bit cramped. For the same amount of money, you're can get approx 50-60% more space in the suburbs. It'll take only about 15 to 20 minutes to travel into Paris via trains, and the train tickets will cost a lot more. So you have to work out the math whether it's worthwhile to stay outside of central Paris. Try searching online, there are lot of people coming and leaving, many of them will have both good and bad experiences with the city.

Couple of things:

1. There are very few internet places here vs Spore. Google for XS Arena, they are one of the better ones.
2. Efficiency level for administration is somewhat different from Singapore, it can be a bit of a culture shock.
3. If you want to cook, etc. Tang-Frères is one of the better places for cheap chinese groceries.

Here's a place you can check out places to stay. All the best.

http://www.homelidays.com/

Best regards
Wesley

So bloody envious. I just came back from Paris. Beautiful place, full of culture and life. Enjoy your stay!

Not sure if this will help as u are looking for long stay.
Anyway, when I was at Paris a few years ago, the cheapest hostel I could find was called WoodStock. It is at centre of Paris. 30 Euros per person per night for a room for 4. Includes breakfast too, if I remember correctly. Place is not too bad, by my backpacking standards. Think they have basic shared amenities like kitchen, washing machine, etc... but not very sure about that as I did not use those.

Status
Not open for further replies.