Panasonic will offer interchangeable 3D lens for Micro Four Thirds by year's end

It'll be really interesting to see that huge lens on a m43 body :)

Wouldn't the sensor firmware require an update to properly interpret the "weird" imaging that this lens would capture?

It'll be really interesting to see that huge lens on a m43 body :)

Wouldn't the sensor firmware require an update to properly interpret the "weird" imaging that this lens would capture?

Huge lens? It seems quite small unless you're looking somewhere else at the camcorder lens.

Yes, the bodies will require a firmware update to halve the sensor image.

Technically it's only for Panasonic's micro 4/3 cameras. Which is stupid, really. I hope Olympus does some firmware magic to enable us to play with that 3D lens as well.

Technically it's only for Panasonic's micro 4/3 cameras. Which is stupid, really. I hope Olympus does some firmware magic to enable us to play with that 3D lens as well.

Why would it be stupid? :dunno:
In any case, I would prefer to use the more holdable G1/GH1/G2/G10 with this.

Why would it be stupid? :dunno:
In any case, I would prefer to use the more holdable G1/GH1/G2/G10 with this.

He says it is cause most likely he's using a PEN or the fact that only Panasonic cameras can use it and not Olympus camera, its like you buy a thermoflask but it doesn't keep the drink hot/cold, then why not just get an ordinary cup? Especially when the four thirds and micro four thirds system is supposed to be an open standard

He says it is cause most likely he's using a PEN or the fact that only Panasonic cameras can use it and not Olympus camera, its like you buy a thermoflask but it doesn't keep the drink hot/cold, then why not just get an ordinary cup? Especially when the four thirds and micro four thirds system is supposed to be an open standard

There are autocorrections done for Panasonic lenses images taken with Panasonic bodies. There are autocorrections done for Olympus lenses images taken with Olympus bodies. We all know this. Panasonic came out with micro four third before Olympus. We all know this. Panasonic doesn't have focusing issues that bugs Olympus since the beginning (despite much earlier launch). We all know this.

So what's your point again? :)
That Panasonic is stupid or Olympus is stupid?

Let's put it this way. Olympus has less a stake in this 3D television issue compared to Panasonic. Whether or not there's a firmware upgrade for the Pens might lie in whether or not Olympus cares to have the update.

We have to remember that Panasonic is not just a still camera maker, but also big in audio visual related applications. Olympus on the other hand....

There are autocorrections done for Panasonic lenses images taken with Panasonic bodies. There are autocorrections done for Olympus lenses images taken with Olympus bodies. We all know this. Panasonic came out with micro four third before Olympus. We all know this. Panasonic doesn't have focusing issues that bugs Olympus since the beginning (despite much earlier launch). We all know this.

So what's your point again? :)
That Panasonic is stupid or Olympus is stupid?

Please do not quote me,I didn't say Panasonic or Olympus is stupid, I don't even let the fact that Olympus AF hunts sometimes bother me, I'm just answer for alfredlau from what I think he is implying,if you wish to ask your point, please ask alfredlau

I don't need to shoot 3D, so to me, neither is stupid

Last edited:
all i can say is panasonic is trying to be a trend setter just like oly. There will be a mass follow up by competitors.

Frankly speaking.... i dont see the need to announce first before establishing the whole range. It would just give the competitors a handicap match.