Panasonic TM700-Merged 1080/50p MTS can not play on WD TV Live

panasonic700

Apr 11, 2011
Hi all,

I recently bought a Panasonic tm700 from Amazon based on comparisons and opinions I read here and elsewhere on the net. I used it to record my family outings, it performs very excellent as it said. I just use its unique mode 1080/50p in order to get the highest quality. I have ever heard that if you want the sharpest image possible from the HDC-TM700, you should use its 1080/50p settings. So all my shootings are in 1080/50p with .mts extension, but the camcorder creates a new 'mts' file whenever the 'record' button is activated. As a result, I was given 40-60 files for one hour recording. So I need a function of mass merging of the 'mts' files to a single 'mts' file to facilitate management and then play on WDTV live.

I have used the Panasonic HDC-TM700 attachment - HD Writer AE version 2.1 software. This software does allow for importing 1080/50p footage. And I merged them in groups of 4-10 on the actual HD Writer Edit timeline. Unfortunately, every time we tried performing this action the software crashed after about 15 minutes into the conversion process.

Then searched online, I found and tried different methods to join 'mts' files by using DOS copy command, tsMuxeR, tsSplitter and tsRemux. When playing the output file on WD TV live, there is a problem at every joint of the video clips. The video either halt or unsynchronized at the joint. The video can be resumed normal after 'Stop' and 'Play' again. Sometimes, the player just plays the files but after around 20 minutes it drops the Video and starts showing ghostly images with garbled Audio. I have to restart the Device to continue seeing the Video.

So Any idea what's the problem? Can anyone advise other software that will resolve the video halt problem? Is there any tool that can offer the mass selection and merge the 'mts' video files and let me play with WD TV live?

Hi there,

I think many people have same problems with you including myself, looking for a solution to join AVCHD videos to one single file without re-encoding. Freeware such as tsMuxeR, tsRemux works well for some people and doesn't work for the others. I guess that's the disadvantage of freeware, you'll never know when the software would crash again and your merged mts files have terrible sync problem. It's a frustrating experience indeed.

I have a Canon HF S30 and record AVCHD videos under 24Mbps mode which gives highest quality. As I have lost shipped software with this camcorder, so I use tsMuxer to merge all my video clips to one single file for plyback on Popcorn hour. The whole process is rather frustrating as combined AVCHD files are out of sync when I play on Popcorn. So after several trials I finally found one tool Aunsoft Final Mate that does what it says on the tin, merging avchd files to one single avchd file without any transcoding and the output file plays perfectly in my Popcorn. I believe Aunsoft Final Mate is the only tool you can find at the moment that can help merge avchd files in a lossless way. I assume it can help you too. :)

With my first few clips from TM700, I could used HD Writer AE to cut and remove unwanted period. But the videos do not start from where I cut.

I have downloaded tsmuxer, and there is no preview window for me to choose which frame as the start time or end time. Only numbers for the time. The bad point for tsmuxer is that only one file is added at a time. I went on looking the tsspitter and aunsoft final mate.

From the tssplitter official site, there is a note saying the splitting of H.264 files will not play and .m2ts files from avchd camcorders are not supported. Well, I do not want to download the software that does not work.

The aunsoft final mate is said to support avchd camcorder videos with lossless quality. It is worthy a trial. I will update here after I try it.

Well, the experience with aunsoft final mate is not good enough.
Even though there is preview window, the playback of the video clips is not smooth on my PC.
I really like the batch importing of multiple files.

One problem:
The final movie, joined as lossless without conversion, does not play via WD TV Live. It plays on VLC media player.
Anyone face the same issue?

I tried again, but the same issue:(

In person, I prefer to transcode MTS to WDTV Live for smooth playback. Actually I tried to sew together M2TS files with several free avchd-joiners so as to stream to WDTV Live, but the video looks shitty on my Home TV. So I tried transcoding the files to MP4 with MTS Converter found via Google, there is no problem at all and the video plays very well. My mum and dad love it!

Last edited: