Panasonic G1 CLUB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, was there a piece of clear LCD protector over the LCD screen when you guys first took the camera out of the box?

No, no screen protector is included.

Sorry for interrupting,

I just bought a G1 and after taking some shots, I discovered a fixed "grey patch" in my photos. It didn't appear for my photos taken at F3.5 to F6, but for any photo above F8 it became noticeable, especially when using F16 and above.

So I brought the camera back to Alan Photo and the they checked the lens and found a particle or maybe a chip on the INSIDE of the lens? At first we thought it was on the outside, but after trying to blow, suction and rub the particle away, that was when we discovered the particle is actually inside the lens.

When I asked they said I would have to take the lens back to Panasonic Service Center at Bukit Merah? :mad2:

Has anyone encountered this before and does anyone know the best way I can quickly solve this problem?

If the lens was less than 7days, you should have returned it to AP for a 1 to 1 exchange.
Don't take the burden of bringing it down to the Service Center. Afterall you paid for a brand new set..don't settle for a repaired set.

If the lens was less than 7days, you should have returned it to AP for a 1 to 1 exchange.
Don't take the burden of bringing it down to the Service Center. Afterall you paid for a brand new set..don't settle for a repaired set.

I agree, but sadly I only discovered the defect after shooting above F11. At F3.5 to F8 you wouldn't detect it. Moreover this is a 2nd-hand set and I honestly believe the previous owner was unaware as well.

Such being the case what should I do?

I agree, but sadly I only discovered the defect after shooting above F11. At F3.5 to F8 you wouldn't detect it. Moreover this is a 2nd-hand set and I honestly believe the previous owner was unaware as well.

Such being the case what should I do?

If this is a 2nd hand set & it's still under warranty.. & if it's already more than 7 days, i suggeest u send it to Service Centre. If it's less than 7 days, like what dodongdodong said, u should exhange with AP.

any news on the 3rd party battery? ;p

just curious, any G1 users here are also users of DSLR of other makes like Canon/Nikon etc?

cheers

Yup.. been using Nikon the last 15 years. The G1's a handy everyday carry-everywhere tool.

Panasonic G1 Club:
===============
1) Da Xiong
2) Lightsabre
3) Skeletonman
4) Chickenrice
5) William1234
6) quriosbrain
7) freddieteo
8) chickentang
9) henry soh
10) Minimalis

Let's welcome new member.. Hee.. :D

Last edited:
just curious, any G1 users here are also users of DSLR of other makes like Canon/Nikon etc?

cheers

I am Canon 40D user.. Get G1 mainly to replace my prosumer camera.
Like what Minimalis have said
"The G1's a handy everyday carry-everywhere tool. "

I totally agree with Minimalis thinking.. Ha ha.. ;)

Well said, bro Minimalis !!

Any G1 owner free on this coming weekend?
Want to organize an G1 outing? I am free for both days. Hee.. :)

40D user too... ;p .. the force (of G1) is strong... resist I must!

:)
Both my DSLRs (D700 and D2X) are great wonderful cameras, but they are simply too heavy and bulky to bring around. I wanted something to fit in a small shoulder bag and wouldn't be in the way when I went out on my daily routine. While I did consider the smaller Nikon DSLRs like the D60 or D40, they too add up in bulk when you prop a 18-200mm lens onto it. Of course, you may argue that I could have put a 50mm lens on it, but that gives me a fixed focal range with not much flexibility. Plus, these two had no liveview, useful in situations where you need to get people to take photos for you. Hence began my journey of looking for a smaller camera.

I got myself a Fujifilm S100SF, but immediately put it on B&S the next day. While it was a little smaller than the DSLRs with a respectable 28-400mm zoom and SuperCCD, it was still too large for comfort. Three days later I bought the G1. No regrets since. Perfect in size and weight and yet still churns out great images, and best of all, fits in unobtrusively into my Hadley Digital bag together with a small handycam. Can't ask for a better combination, really.

Panasonic G1 Club:
===============
1) Da Xiong
2) Lightsabre
3) Skeletonman
4) Chickenrice
5) William1234
6) quriosbrain
7) freddieteo
8) chickentang
9) henry soh
10) Minimalis
11) harnamsc

:)
Both my DSLRs (D700 and D2X) are great wonderful cameras, but they are simply too heavy and bulky to bring around. I wanted something to fit in a small shoulder bag and wouldn't be in the way when I went out on my daily routine. While I did consider the smaller Nikon DSLRs like the D60 or D40, they too add up in bulk when you prop a 18-200mm lens onto it. Of course, you may argue that I could have put a 50mm lens on it, but that gives me a fixed focal range with not much flexibility. Plus, these two had no liveview, useful in situations where you need to get people to take photos for you. Hence began my journey of looking for a smaller camera.

I got myself a Fujifilm S100SF, but immediately put it on B&S the next day. While it was a little smaller than the DSLRs with a respectable 28-400mm zoom and SuperCCD, it was still too large for comfort. Three days later I bought the G1. No regrets since. Perfect in size and weight and yet still churns out great images, and best of all, fits in unobtrusively into my Hadley Digital bag together with a small handycam. Can't ask for a better combination, really.

Well said, bro..
If we can have the small 20mm f1.7 for low light... it will be the perfect combination... Hee.. ;)

Panasonic G1 Club:
===============
1) Da Xiong
2) Lightsabre
3) Skeletonman
4) Chickenrice
5) William1234
6) quriosbrain
7) freddieteo
8) chickentang
9) henry soh
10) Minimalis
11) harnamsc
12) pingpongsong :thumbsup::thumbsup:

woohoo!!! very excited with the new toy!!!

Panasonic G1 Club:
===============
1) Da Xiong
2) Lightsabre
3) Skeletonman
4) Chickenrice
5) William1234
6) quriosbrain
7) freddieteo
8) chickentang
9) henry soh
10) Minimalis
11) harnamsc
12) pingpongsong :thumbsup::thumbsup:

woohoo!!! very excited with the new toy!!!

Welcome to the club.. try to post some nice pic taken with your toy. ;)

Hi guys,

New around here, just got my G1 awhile back. Its my first cam by the way! :)
New to photography so hope i can learn from you guys.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.