Panasonic DMC-LC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
unseen said:
Dun think he does..
After switching to dSLR I realised that everyone think too highly of dSLRs..
If you pay top $$ for the top stuff, yeah those ideals are true (fast and accurate focus, extremely sharp photos, very good colours, etc). As for good high ISO performance, that's only true for Canon dSLRs..

so Lightning69, when you laugh, are you laughing because of what you hear, or because you actually own a dSLR (350D to be precise) and a good lens (F2.8 15-50mm or better)?
2nd yr thought..that everyone think too highly of dSLRs.. and laud yr honesty and opinion as a 350d user :thumbsup:
check out mine avatar it was taken with my fz1 til today it still my most favourite pic :)

Now I know why everyone kena the buy buy buy virus.. Coz if you dun buy the better/best lens, your dSLR won't perform as good as some of the PnS out there.

After upgrade to dSLR I learnt:
1) Cheap consumer lens give bad photo quality and really slow focusing
2) Cheap consumer lens doesn't do any dSLR justice at all
3) For the advantages of dSLR, I pay more $$, carry more weight, gets an*l about specks of dust on my sensor, gets paranoid about leaving my camera about, gets a phobia of having slightly dirty HMC filters.
4) It's good training for the arm. I can now single hand hold 1.5kg setup for a whole day now. Next is to train for a 2kg setup.
5) to get the reach (and similar photo qualities) of the FZ5 I need to spend approx twice the cost of FZ5 on just a lens.
6) 400 gb is not enough HDD space. my hdd space is being munched up really fast storing the photos. OMG i'm on 400 gb and i'm running out of hdd space!!! Guess it's time to get new hdd.. again.
7) my photoshop is significantly slower processing my 8MP photos. My rig is already quite maxed out, the only way to get faster is to get one of those dual core AMD chips.. more $$$$$

In additional to yr thread
8)u can't hang a dslr around yr neck whole day
9)u can't went into certain places with a dslr

Lol :bsmilie:
ever regret selling away yr fz5 ?
oh yes the weight and the sentiment u describe after owning the dslr.. dust...obession abt the filter...leaving the dslr unattended..is all too familiar to me :bsmilie:
i'll be trying out my new toy at sbg this afternoon...hope the weather will be kind to me
u should buy back the fz one of this day
should at least own one Pns ...cos it doesn't made sense to carry a dslr and large camera Bag on all occasion.
Pns Rockmanz!

LOL I don't hang my dSLR on my neck.. I handhold it with my strap wrapped 3 times around my hands. build hand muscles ok..

Haha.. heard of the chinese idiom: Good horse don't eat grass that it has passed?
I AM thinking of a small PnS though. There are quite alot of places that absolutely discriminates against dSLRs.. haha..

That said, I must still add, I do recognise the major advantages of dSLRs over PnS in image quality wise and control wise. It's enough for me to train myself to hand hold 1.5kg for 1 whole day.

though 1 hidden benefit of having a dSLR is : I really do get chicks coming up to ask if i'm with any newspapers... but that happened occassionally even while i was using the FZ5..

unseen said:
though 1 hidden benefit of having a dSLR is : I really do get chicks coming up to ask if i'm with any newspapers... but that happened occassionally even while i was using the FZ5..
Haha.. Really? no chicks came up to me with my FZ5 yet.... :cry:

haha.. those are chickens lar.. chicks are the babies...

woot... don't you just love young sweet things..
I've got something againsst that black chick though.. hmmmmm

LOL bro.. muz do more street-shooting.. I try go orchard walk up or down at least once a weekend.. shoot people, shoot things, shoot celebs that i bump into..
though the past 2 weekends very boring...
only see a girl win a car today..

Status
Not open for further replies.