Panasonic DMC-L1

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.oe

Feb 27, 2006
Hi anyone brought DMC-L1? How much? Was it good?
Very disappointed it was not in the IT show at suntec.

b.oe said:
Hi anyone brought DMC-L1? How much? Was it good?
Very disappointed it was not in the IT show at suntec.

its not scheduled to be out till septembers photokina event... at current theres only 5 prototype models...

FZ7 wasn't even on the IT show :sweat:

So slow?? :(

anticipation is killing~~~~

but well~ can start saving for it. :p
supposed to be around 20D pricing

From what I've read so far, there has not been any official annoucement of the realease date and pricing of the L1. All that's said is that tha camera is due for release later in the year. I definitely have my eye on this baby. My 'old' FZ20 is old.. haha

In case you've not seen this, here's a hands-on review of the prototype at the PMA by dpreview
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022801panasonicdmcl1handson.asp

More questions answered:
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/news/articles/story_6783.html

Targetted at advanced amateurs. Likely to be priced around Canon EOS 30D and Nikon D200 range. That would be ex, but wonder how competitively priced it will be though when it comes to Singapore, seeing that this is Panasonic's first DSLR and they need to build a reputation in this area. Is it wishful thinking to hope for good introductory pricing?

That would be ex, but wonder how competitively priced it will be though when it comes to Singapore
From my experience with the FZ10/FZ20, prices in Japan are generally higher than Singapore or Malaysia. So I think the price won't increase when it reaches Singapore's shores (if that's what you meant). But I certainly hope they will lower their price since the L1 is their first Dslr, as you say - lower introductory price. Looking at the kit lens specs, I must say I can't really expect the price to be low. For now, I just hope that the camera will live up to its expectations especially with the noise issue

most of the cost is in the lens...hopefully they will release a pair instead..i.e. the L1 with high end kit lens and a "FZ-8" with a standard kit lens...

YA! But the design is winning me over already. Just hope the price won't lose me. :bsmilie:

i wonder why panasonic didn't design it like the R8/R9...it looked so much nicer than the rangefinder design.

and i wonder why they decided to build it to match a 30D or D200. if they can't get a professional to buy, then what chances do the other non-professionals have to buy this? its surely gonna cost...

perhaps the sucessor of the FZ30 will be another new dslr? :p

metallilan said:
i wonder why panasonic didn't design it like the R8/R9...it looked so much nicer than the rangefinder design.

and i wonder why they decided to build it to match a 30D or D200. if they can't get a professional to buy, then what chances do the other non-professionals have to buy this? its surely gonna cost...

perhaps the sucessor of the FZ30 will be another new dslr? :p

i fully support the rangefinder design. eyecup is defn at a better position as opposed to design by canon or nikon (for me lah). and the aperture rings and shutter dials (looks like the LC1) will allow u to preset ure settings even before u on ure camera. old school nikon FM2s are like that. and the in built bounce flash will come in very handy!

just my thoughts:)

At the moment it's hard to speculate, but I think some professionals may be interested in this camera. One advantage is its small size, so professionals could use this as a backup camera. I think if its priced around the d200, it's quite reasonable considering the specs so far. After all D200 (at least to me) is still around the intermediate level SLR. I don't think the price will go down to that of a D70, because it seems like panasonic never intended it to be a budget slr in the first place - not with the kind of specs and lens *drools*....

I don't think the FZ30 sucessor will be an slr, simply because their slr line will probably go in the lines of L2, L3? I do wonder whether they will continue producing the FZ lines though. My guess is probably yes since it will still appeal to enthusiasts with a tight budget.

i fully support the rangefinder design
Same here, from the pictures, I'm head over heels for the design! :heart:

I support it been rangefinder style also, if it like SLR I rather go for canon or nikon. It will own me if it cost less then 30D.

me too~
i would buy it only because of the rangefinder style and the manual controls on the lens.
you can't find that on other dslrs~ :)

leica lens....ouch...maybe they might be able to lower the price with a panasonic lens? :lol:
but i seriously doubt that. should be all leica lens for lumix family

Zann Tiang said:
me too~
i would buy it only because of the rangefinder style and the manual controls on the lens.
you can't find that on other dslrs~ :)

leica lens....ouch...maybe they might be able to lower the price with a panasonic lens? :lol:
but i seriously doubt that. should be all leica lens for lumix family

ya! me too! get it JUST cuz of design. can do w/o the lens till i get rich. :bsmilie:

anyone saw the L1 protype at suntec panasonic roadshow?

hrmm~ a bit bigger than i thought. hrmm...

The L1 is using the 4/3 system.

for those intd, you can read here:
http://www.four-thirds.org/en/about.html

There is a global website:
http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/index.html

click on product development annonucement.

The set is very well designed.
We can expect more surprises to come soon. :cool:
I personally like this DSLR camera and i believe that it will be liked all over the world.
So maybe its time for all to PREPARE FOR UPGRADE.

chenHaonan said:
The L1 is using the 4/3 system.

for those intd, you can read here:
http://www.four-thirds.org/en/about.html

There is a global website:
http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/index.html

click on product development annonucement.

The set is very well designed.
We can expect more surprises to come soon. :cool:
I personally like this DSLR camera and i believe that it will be liked all over the world.
So maybe its time for all to PREPARE FOR UPGRADE.

not sure about well design, but sldn't be bad since its PANA! :sweatsm:
but some ppl do like PnS rather than dSLR

I read that it's going to go on sale in Sept. I'm interested to have that Leica lens if i can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.