panaromic 360 shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rubberDuck

any one managed to do a good indoor ie (in a hdb flat) 360 pana shot?

i've tried but can never manage to stich the pictures together.

There are special software to stitch pictures. The one I know is called Panorama Factory (http://www.panoramafactory.com/). Make sure you use tripod and for the software to stitch properly, allow some overlapping areas (15-25%) between pictures.

Happy experiment!

actually i could already do a 360 but what i was looking for was infact 360 n 180. ie you can pan around the entire place, up and down and all around. it would seem as if you are actually standing there.

Originally posted by rubberDuck
actually i could already do a 360 but what i was looking for was infact 360 n 180. ie you can pan around the entire place, up and down and all around. it would seem as if you are actually standing there.

Is this what you were looking for?.. visit http://www.pixaround.com

haha

okie i found out what my problem was already :)

the stitching problems were all due to Lens Parallex error.
To get a perfect stitch, one would actually need a panaromic tripod head to compensate for the parallex.

check out this software www.realviz.com it's GREAT.
much better then many others. Too bad its only a trial software.

hmm.... nothing's properly done cos i dun have a panaromic pan head. thinking of getting one. but that depends on the cost :)

a decent panaromic pan head (manfrotto, etc) costs about $400+++... can adjust the number of clicks, angle of plane, etc. my fren has one and i've been trying to borrow it to try out some 360 degree shots...

went to CP peninsula today to check out the pan heads and were suprised to see how elaborate those things were. There wasnt any stock for the heads but there was a tripod with the head. It was WAY too expensive.

The guy there told me that the cheapest and lousiest one cost over 200++ and some can even cost a few thousand US dollars :(

looks like its way over my budget.

Originally posted by rubberDuck
went to CP peninsula today to check out the pan heads and were suprised to see how elaborate those things were.
yeah those things are quite scary. i've seen my fren's tripod head and its this bulky thing with knobs all over. given the size and price, i serious wonder how many times will a panoramic tripod head be used, at least for amateurs and hobbyists.

Great :)
i've finally managed to stich a complete 360 pict of my kitchen!

I came up with an interesting way of reducing parallax error by modifying the flash bracket of the F1000 sony flash.

heres the pict.
its BIG!! 1 mb.

The 360 shot of my kitchen :)

hehe don't mind the silly pict of the tripod at the bottom.
got no time to remove it. maybe some time this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.