Panaroma

Status
Not open for further replies.

undergrd

Jun 16, 2007
North-East
Hi guys, when you want to take a panaroma pic, do you guys stitch the pics tog with some software thingy or u do it with the function of the camera?

If using software, any recommendations for free software to perform this?

Thanks...

Hi undergrd

I am not aware that cameras can perform stitching after taking a few contiguous shots.

There are several softwares in the market. The only good one i can think of that is free is GIMP

Ryan

Cos I heard from some frez that Olympus cameras have the function. How true is it i reali dunno...

Will take a look at GIMP.

BTW, does photoshop CS2 has this function?

Is it difficult to stitch the pics tog?

Thanks Ryan for the info...

Not too sure about Oly system :think:

Photoshop has this photomerge function
The later versions of photoshop has very accurate stitching

There are some simple things to abide to while creating segments for stitching to make the stitching higher chances of success. I found this link regarding photomerge to be pretty useful :)

There are of course other softwares available as well

Ryan

ok..will try out the link. thanks for the info...

Not sure which brand of camera you're holding, but the Nikon/Canon ones have a stitch assist program (Panorama Maker/Photo Stitch) which comes with the camera for amazing Panos.

Im using a Nikon D70 which doesnt have such function...

I used to own an Olympus point and shoot camera that has this panaroma function on the camera. But you still need the Olympus provided software to do the stitching. It is quite troublesome as you need to tell the camera that you are going to take panaroma shots and it only works when you use Olympus memory card. The only advantage is that the camera will provide some guide on the portion where you need to overlap.

It is easier to simply use third party software. No dependency on having to preset on camera. I use CS2 to do the stitching.

Rgds

THT

My K800i phone camera can do inbuilt stitching! But I believe it is always more accurate to do it on the big screen at home. Especially tricky scenes where the software might not get it correct automatically.

hi guys, thanks for all the inputs...will start learning stitching in my cs2...

Status
Not open for further replies.