Pana FZ1 Shooting in Low Light Condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donchua

Nov 30, 2004
Tampines
Is it true that the Pana FZ1 shooting is bad in low/dim light condition?
Heard that with the flashing to FZ2 firmware, the problem will be solve?
Thanks.

I upgraded my Fz1 to Fz2 and the whole thing KAPUT, dead. I'd say Fz1 takes ok nightshots on the right subjects, no need to upgrade (V slight diff). I bought it for fun 2years ago hardly used, now dead. hahahah.

dennisc said:
I upgraded my Fz1 to Fz2 and the whole thing KAPUT, dead. I'd say Fz1 takes ok nightshots on the right subjects, no need to upgrade (V slight diff). I bought it for fun 2years ago hardly used, now dead. hahahah.
Omg ! what actually happened? Is yr batt fully charged when u update the firmware? sorry to heard abt the demise of such a good camera..came to think of it i upgraded it immediately on 2nd day i bought it...lucky nothing happen to my set

dennisc said:

The FZ1 already upgraded to FZ2 firmware by the seller.

hey guys
use the fz1 too. for low light shots i have tried the night portrait mode where the manual says it is meant for capturing a subject with a beautiful backdrop? i guess for this mode, the aperture is really wide and the shutter speed is also really "56k". best taken with tripod.

i havent upgraded my firmware cos the upgrades are very minimal, but to begin with i dun even noe where to purchase the upgrade disk. where did u guys get em from/

just interested, what kinda things u guys shoot using fz1..always wanted to know some fellow users. haha.

Yep, I downloaded the firmware Fz1 --> Fz2 dloaded from the net. Then, I ran the upgrade software, showed me a blue screen on my cam LCD, I press upgrade rom and software or something, it load and load for like 3mins, I ran out of patience and stopped it. Then.. poof, it can't be turn 'on' again...
Yes a waste, sigh, it takes pretty good portrait pics with background nicely blurred. Reason I wanted the upgrade was for the manual functions.
I guess it's safer to upgrade it from the shop for those who haven't. Nice night portrait = probably the slow sync function. Only 'seriously' used my Fz1 like, twice in 2 years. hehe, don't be like me..
I take my Fz1 out to the zoo :thumbsup: v good! then to sentosa catch some gir.. ahem i mean, people+beach shots nice nice.. lol. Will miss it.

doug3fflux said:
hey guys
use the fz1 too. for low light shots i have tried the night portrait mode where the manual says it is meant for capturing a subject with a beautiful backdrop? i guess for this mode, the aperture is really wide and the shutter speed is also really "56k". best taken with tripod.

i havent upgraded my firmware cos the upgrades are very minimal, but to begin with i dun even noe where to purchase the upgrade disk. where did u guys get em from/

just interested, what kinda things u guys shoot using fz1..always wanted to know some fellow users. haha.[/QUOTE
Hi doug nice to known another fz1 user . here are some of the samples
P1030779-1.jpg

sunsetharbourfront-1.jpg

goldenstork11-1.jpg

nightesplanade56mod.jpg

interesting shots. i have a few shots of exactly the same position u took the fullerton hotel..haha..took it during the river hong bao festival..used the night portrait mode but handshake was terrible as i didnt bring tripod along. how to post pictures here...?

any one of u fz1 guys use wide angle conversion lens? im thinking of getting one.. got advice for olympus wcon 06 or 07.. but still dunno where to get it.

any other lens u guys use with fz1?

pana 1.4x tcon (but not really needed cos u already got 12x) used my fz-1 for bird-photography & covering sch stuff ... ... the spot mode really helps focus on the eyes ... decent focus speed ... not much shutter lag ... the ois helps .. but it slow shutter u still need solid iron hands or a tripod =/

donchua said:
Is it true that the Pana FZ1 shooting is bad in low/dim light condition?
Heard that with the flashing to FZ2 firmware, the problem will be solve?
Thanks.

like most digicams w/o af light ... (even some w/ af light) shooting in low light is pretty tough ... but if u got a tripod and there's a little light on your subject for the cam to focus on then it should be fine ...

Status
Not open for further replies.