Pain in shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wootsk

Deregistered
Aug 12, 2007
Small Island
Hi, just asking shooters if they have any problem with their sling camera bag. I am starting to feel painful muscle strain on my right shoulder recently. I am wondering if it is due to my heavy setup that I always carry around. I tighten the strips to get it closer to my body and lower the weight pressure. Haven't seem a doc yet, hopefully some doc or shooters with such experience here can advice.

SOP Equipment:
Crumpler December Quarter
Canon 30D
EF 80-200mm F2.8L
Tamron 17-50mm F2.8
Contax CZ 50mm F1.4
Tumax Flash
HP TX1000 with battery
Card reader/ Spare CF card and cleaning stuff etc etc

Filters (Depends)
Sometime include tripod and cable release (Depends)

do u carry and walk about with your bag? from your equipment list I estimating that your bag weight in about 4kg.

if so YES(you do carry and shoot all day), its too heavy and advise is to switch to a backpack style camera bag to even out the load over both shoulder.

sling bag are good for light weight or to be dump off when while u shoot at the event/function area.

Hi, pain means u should stop carrying for a certain period for the pain to go away. Then carry light. Take care.

But I do take break like lunch break where I will put my bag down. Also I did used a backpack before and find changing lens a hassle. My camera + laptop + 80-200 is about 3.8kg approximate. I doesn't used to have such problem, it just happens recently.

Henry, thanks for the concern. :)

remember to switch sides once one side feels tired...dont always carry on your right shoulder

try not to carry stuff on your right shoulder for the time being i guess

i think it would be advisable to see a doc if the pain persists after a week??

Its quite bad, I used almost a whole bottle of yoko yoko. I am still thinking of going for NDP firework shooting.:cry:

doesnt sound good at all....

try resting it for a whole week or 2 and use ur left shoulder for the time being bah....
or buy a beltpack?

if it still persist after that 1 whole week or 2 of complete rest maybe need see doc

rest well dude

Do more pull ups n swim more lol =) u r too young to get this kinda problems. A habit of switching sides before u actually start feeling the strain is a better idea too.

Why not sling across your chest with strap on the other shoulder. Allow you to put bag to side, to front and to the back!

Why not sling across your chest with strap on the other shoulder. Allow you to put bag to side, to front and to the back!

Thats what I have been doing, slinging the bag across me chest. Anyway went to doc, hear some advice from him about resting and carry lesser loads. He gave me painkillers and muscle rub, it feels like visiting MO where paracetamol cures everything.:bsmilie:

take it easy n let the affected part rest else, visit a physio if u could too.
take care n get well sn.

Such a load will hurt your body.... I am hurting now and try to carry less these days.. :sweat:

Just take it easy...!

using a crumpler (or any with fixed strap type) with heavy load is asking for trouble.

Don't like Lowepro types which screams that you can carrying a camera bag where ever you go. Crumpler more stealth to me.

It's time to change your camera system...
With the current weight nothing will help with the painful shoulder.
Age and health of TS also affect the seriousness.

- Reduce the equipment (e.g. I leave the flash at home if I'm shooting outdoor)
- Put the bag down if you don't need it at hand (can walk a few steps without)
I also have some neck pain from time to time, exactly where the single strap of the sling bag sits on my shoulder. I'm also pondering about a different bag ..

Don't like Lowepro types which screams that you can carrying a camera bag where ever you go. Crumpler more stealth to me.

Crumpler SCREAMS KIDDO :bsmilie:

If I didn't know better I'd say the TS is just joking around: almost 500 posts and wondering about the pain in his shoulder...

Sheesh!

cross sling la :)

much better for long periods. weight more evenly distributed.

Status
Not open for further replies.