P.I.X - Photo Imaging X-change 2007 - Less than impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the show had an image problem!

It positioned itself as a trade show, which meant, eg, close at 6pm, everyone must register and my friend wearing bermudas and slippers was not allowed to register / enter.

).

Ya, it totally sucks, arrived at around 530pm but was refused entry because my gf was wearing slippers. The organisers emphasize that its a TRADE SHOW, so no inappropriate attires, yet after 5mins she saw two girls and 1 sissy wearing flip flops walking out of the hall! :thumbsd::thumbsd::sticktong:sticktong

Hi all,

I am from the organisers. I have read every single comment. There's much to say but most importantly, thank you for your feedback. We will bear that in mind for 2008. :)

A few days ago b4 Photo-Imaging Expo, I went to ask the price of first hand Sigma 150mm f2.8 HSM marco, the price was S$840 from The Camera Shop at SLS. Then on last Sunday went to PIX, the Sigma booth quopted me for the same lens @ S$1339 b4 GST.:bigeyes:

Why huh? Is it The Camera Shop is selling grey sets or Sigma booth see me too honest wanna chop my carrot head.:confused:

I went there twice. Surprised to see a couple printing wedding photos at the free printing machine for hours, and another lady photographer also printed a lot on Sunday. Why no people control the nos. of printing? I waited about 10mins and I gave up since after printing 68 prints and the lady photographer took out another memory card to print. :thumbsd:

I faced the same situvation as leongtoh, went there on Sat and thought of checking a the quality of the prints at the free printing machines.

There was a young couple printing their wedding album (around 47 prints), and another couple who did select all the photos in their CF Card (around 100 Photos) and still were having an another Memory Stick in hand.:)

At last ended up in printing in Kodak since the machine had a limitation of 5 photos at one time.

Even though the organisers were there, they were helpless, since they might have not thought that people would be printing so many photos.

A few days ago b4 Photo-Imaging Expo, I went to ask the price of first hand Sigma 150mm f2.8 HSM marco, the price was S$840 from The Camera Shop at SLS. Then on last Sunday went to PIX, the Sigma booth quopted me for the same lens @ S$1339 b4 GST.:bigeyes:

Why huh? Is it The Camera Shop is selling grey sets or Sigma booth see me too honest wanna chop my carrot head.:confused:

This is not a retail fair. It's a trade fair. What was quoted by Sigma would most likely be List Price, which is quite different from Recommended Retail Price (street price).

Status
Not open for further replies.