Our Glorious Youth, Our Glorious Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazingice

Dec 28, 2008
London, UK
www.a-cro.net
img_0787.jpg

How does the vibrance of youth compare to the glory of the dead? While the dead here risked their lives in World War I, this young lad is risking a few broken bones for something much more trivial… or is it? Glorious as the dead may be, our youth radiates a kind of effusive spontaneity not found elsewhere. They can effortlessly lighten up the mood at even the most sacred of monuments.

why dont you try a faster shutter speed?

actually, I think the blur image of the youth is good. Otherwise, the image would have turned out too static for me. So this shutter speed works for me.

I could definitely have used a faster shutter speed, but I intentionally used a slower one instead so as to get some blur on the guy -- it was 1/60s I think. Thanks a lot for your comments!

why dont you try a faster shutter speed?

actually, I think the blur image of the youth is good. Otherwise, the image would have turned out too static for me. So this shutter speed works for me.

i like the idea and the motion on the guy is good. :thumbsup:

some picky comments
1. The dustbin doesnt seems to match
2. Can try an angle to get rid of the flats above those trees at the right.

looks fine too capturing the action at the right moment, i'm only against the subject using public property for his personal enjoyment. :thumbsd:

Great photo! Nice write-up as well. Maybe getting rid of the buildings and construction in the background using photoshop would be better in cleaning up the scene. Just IMHO... Haha.

Yea the blurry motion works for me. Defines the vibrancy of the youth against the stillness of the dead. I see the content of the image here but true to what the others said, could use some cleanup.

Thanks! The dustbin was totally being squashed... next time if you walk around the City Hall area and you see out-of-shape dustbins you know what happened...

I'll try photoshopping away the flats and see how it looks like!

i like the idea and the motion on the guy is good. :thumbsup:

some picky comments
1. The dustbin doesnt seems to match
2. Can try an angle to get rid of the flats above those trees at the right.

Thanks all for the comments! :D Appreciate it.

looks fine too capturing the action at the right moment, i'm only against the subject using public property for his personal enjoyment. :thumbsd:

Great photo! Nice write-up as well. Maybe getting rid of the buildings and construction in the background using photoshop would be better in cleaning up the scene. Just IMHO... Haha.

Yea the blurry motion works for me. Defines the vibrancy of the youth against the stillness of the dead. I see the content of the image here but true to what the others said, could use some cleanup.

i like the motion blur.

i hate the kid.

the building at the back is not a block of flats. it belongs to MBS. Marina Bay Sands.

motion blur works.
flats dont bother me much.
stunt looks like a bailed attempt.

will be great if stunt executed correctly.

anyway, tell that kid to go to skatepark la.

great timing and composition. like the warm glow of the setting sun.

maybe can get the skater facing the camera even better (camera set on ground level). than add some fill in flash to from ground point up to the skater?

Nice composition, but photography is not about words is it?
The idea is poetic but u need to be "deep" with ur final product instead.
Gd luck! N DUN lose sight of what matters most, the PHOTO

stunt looks like a bailed attempt.

will be great if stunt executed correctly.

i think so too.. the skater sure did not make that jump..
anyway, nice timing to capture the image.
cheers!

i like the motion blur.

i hate the kid.

the building at the back is not a block of flats. it belongs to MBS. Marina Bay Sands.

why?

i feel this pic is very powerful and reflects society in general. we dun give two hoots about what happened in the past, and this is why history repeats itself.

anyway, that monument is not some sacred place. so i dun see anything wrong with doing stunts there. i'd make noise if there were heavy human traffic but most of these lads know better

Status
Not open for further replies.