OT: Dealing with procrastination

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooseberry

Mar 11, 2004
Central West
Anybody consider themselves a procrastinator ? I'm feeling that I am beginning to procastinate more nowadays - anything that I need to do that will take a long while to complete, I am starting to leave it quite late before I actually start on the task.

After I do get started, I can actually work quite effectively with the added pressure of time constraints. I'm worried that I may leave it too late...

Interested in hearing how others here deal with procrastination. How do you overcome it ?

Hehe... one thing maybe is, I should probably surf less ;p or get some gene therapy

the best way to deal with procrastination is

JUST DO IT

denizenx said:
tell u later ;p;p

Hehe... no big hurry, I thought about posting this a year ago, only just got around to doing it - so I can wait ;p

Actually, that's just a bullsh!t story I posted up about me procrastinating - I had just read that nature online article (that I linked above) about the gene therapy that turned the lazy monkeys into workaholics and was just interested in how other people deal with procrastinating, hence the lame attempt above with the made up story to get people to talk about their experiences...

Oh well, guess that didn't work - should have known, the procrastinaters are probably thinking "I can't be stuffed" :bsmilie:

Don't worry... I've three 4000 word essays to hand in on 26th Aug. Not finished any at all! :sweat:

nickmak said:
Don't worry... I've three 4000 word essays to hand in on 26th Aug. Not finished any at all! :sweat:

good luck to u....u'll need it!

I've got an exam on Wednesday.. and a flight on Thursday...

Prepared for neither... hmmm.. I'll get to it maybe tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.