Ordering Online from Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah_K

Aug 3, 2002
Singapore
www.enchantingkairos.com
Hi Guys,

Anyone here has ordered DVDs from amazon.com before?

If you have, please kindly enlighten me on whether there is any extra charge that I might incurr, other than the mentioned price of the item and the shipping fee.

I am contemplating getting the FRIENDS sitcom DVD series, the one with all ten seasons boxed set.

Anything less than SGD400 .. then there will be no extra cost on the 5% GST .. iirc .. :)

I brought the LOTR trilogy last year ..

and also subject to BFC approval in your case it's no problem since it is just FRIENDS. and if your DVD cost more than SGD 400 and if your willing to pay the GST then clearance should be no problem.

Just in case this is how they calculate.

INVOICE Currency Ex Rate
COST 100 USD 1.711 171.10 SGD
FREIGHT 19.7 19.7 SGD
TOTAL 190.80 SGD
INSURANCE 1 % 0.01 1.91
CIF TOTAL 192.71
GST 5 % 0.05 9.64

The cost here refers to the DVD. Exchange rate may differ from week to week according to customs exchange rate. Whereas freight charge is standardise for US per kg is 9.85. So the heavier your shipment weights the more GST you will have to pay. Hope this calculation helps.:)

aiyoh sorry the calculation table seem in a mess. just inform me if u want me to send u the calculation in excel format. cheers.

let me get this clear...

1) so if the price of the boxed set amounts to more than SD$400, I need to pay GST correct?

2) noizgod - when you mentioned freight charge is calculated based on weight, does it refer to every item? as I cannot seem to find the weight of the Boxed set anywhere on the product info page.

Ah_K said:
let me get this clear...

1) so if the price of the boxed set amounts to more than SD$400, I need to pay GST correct?

2) noizgod - when you mentioned freight charge is calculated based on weight, does it refer to every item? as I cannot seem to find the weight of the Boxed set anywhere on the product info page.

hey sorry for the late reply as work seems to take my time.

1)Yes

2)what do you mean every item? weight charge is charge based on the weight of the outer packing of the boxed set. meaning: the boxed set is put in a carton and they take the gross weight of the item and charge as freight.

got it?:thumbsup: hope this helps.

May I be so bold as to ask why don't you go to JB and get all for less hassle and less pricey? :D

Been ordering DVD TV box sets from Amazon.. other than the shipping & handling charges stated on the website I didn't pay any extra.. but of course I've not ordered more than $400 at one go. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.