Ordering of cameras,lens and accessories from overseas - Where??

Status
Not open for further replies.

neves_atk

Nov 12, 2003
Ani good recommendation??
Reliability and price are piorities ;)

B&H Photo and Adorama in the US. Very reliable.

Try NOT to be taken in by the numerous internet pirate stores who promise cheap prices and then do you in using bait and switch and other tactics. The above 2 stores are the best trusted of the lot.

had logged on to their site b4..
understand that they are pretty reliable..(as featured in popular photography)
however their px is as competitive after addin in the shipping cost :cry:

Cheap or reliable. Choose one :D
KEH is another good supplier for second hand camera equipment.

Also, the cheaper prices are normally found in the States. Europe's camera equipment prices is shockingly expensive. Hong Kong is reputed to have cheaper prices as well though I have never bought from there. Another option you might look at is through EBay.

haha...haf the best of both world huh.. ;)

justarius said:
Also, the cheaper prices are normally found in the States. Europe's camera equipment prices is shockingly expensive. Hong Kong is reputed to have cheaper prices as well though I have never bought from there. Another option you might look at is through EBay.

Actually the prices to us depends on the fluctuations of currency. At one stage US photogs were buying cameras from www.robertwhite.co.uk becasue of the favorable 'Sterling/Euro exchange rate. But now that the Euro and Sterling is so high, the situation had changed. I was in the process of making enquiries, "mistakenly" thinking it was still the good old times of a weak Euro, until I realised that things have now reversed. So I am the happy owner of some new gear which just arrived yesterday from Badgergraphic in the US.

I had bought things from Calumetphoto, bhphotovideo, adorama, viewcamerastore. Never any problems.

student said:
Actually the prices to us depends on the fluctuations of currency. At one stage US photogs were buying cameras from www.robertwhite.co.uk becasue of the favorable 'Sterling/Euro exchange rate. But now that the Euro and Sterling is so high, the situation had changed. I was in the process of making enquiries, "mistakenly" thinking it was still the good old times of a weak Euro, until I realised that things have now reversed. So I am the happy owner of some new gear which just arrived yesterday from Badgergraphic in the US.

I had bought things from Calumetphoto, bhphotovideo, adorama, viewcamerastore. Never any problems.

If I'm not wrong, the Robert White situation is mainly due to the fact that Gitzo tripods are much MUCH cheaper in the UK then in the US back then. This pricing differential results in many US photogs getting their Gitzo tripods (and other related stuff) from Robert White. However, the prices equalised after a while, and now the current situation is that camera equipment in the US is much cheaper than in Europe.

And yes, the Pound and the Euro is very strong now, which result in me making a quick trip to B&H when I flew over from London to New York... :D

justarius said:
If I'm not wrong, the Robert White situation is mainly due to the fact that Gitzo tripods are much MUCH cheaper in the UK then in the US back then. This pricing differential results in many US photogs getting their Gitzo tripods (and other related stuff) from Robert White. However, the prices equalised after a while, and now the current situation is that camera equipment in the US is much cheaper than in Europe.

And yes, the Pound and the Euro is very strong now, which result in me making a quick trip to B&H when I flew over from London to New York... :D

The Gitzo is only one of the products that was cheaper in UJ then. Other products were also cheaper, including cameras like Mamiya, rollei. I was eying ebony. When I first looked at the prices, RW was cheaper. Now Badger is cheaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.