Orbis Ring Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
not to mention flash model as well! :bsmilie: lol, but my main point was the off cam problem.I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time where someone does a diy bracket for it.

orbis mentioned that a mounting kit is in the works for release early next yr...maybe will wait and see how tt turns out first...otherwise will have to pay for double shipping;p

Just received mine via Fedex.

now, seriously, this is a big sucker.

orbis1.jpg

Gross observation suggest that the light is fairly evenly distributed.

orbis2.jpg

Quick test.
orbis3.jpg

orbis4.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like the effect quite good. :)

shot with Canon 30D with 50mm 1.4. shot from about 3m.

how would you rate the orbis vs the rayflash ? they look identical in terms of idea and results.

I can't really, as I don't own the Ray Flash. All I can say is I am happy with the intended result of Orbis.

dear friends,
those interested in the Orbis ring flash can now pop in to the flickr group pool for real world photos from users.

]Interesting discussion here. I got my Rayflash adapter almost a month back but just got time to play with it a little. This is a shot taken with it of my little girl.

Straight shot.

3153048628_e4f33d58f3_b.jpg

Any macro work using this orbis ring flash adapter? Can someone share? Tks very much

CP-M is selling it for $350...dunno worth it or not...

Wait for Metz mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital. Just call CP, they are bring in next month. Price is ard 500 according to their sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.