orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

euphoria2004

Mar 10, 2004
another try at fruits. this time round oranges. pls critique. thks.

orange4.jpg
orange3.jpg

orange2.jpg
orange1.jpg

Splutter said:
Looks really yummy!! ;p
Last pic can do with some filling up at the underside of the orange.

tks for the comment. last pic only one light. the rest a main and a fill. wanted to try a more creative style in the last pic. ;p

yummy yummy i like #3 too.
did you use studio lights? would you mind sharing the setup?

1st and 2nd shots give me an idea that the oranges are dried. 3rd is the keeper. last shot.... as said not enuff light but dun find the style there.

TeddyLoves said:
yummy yummy i like #3 too.
did you use studio lights? would you mind sharing the setup?

yes, 2 elinchrom 600. main at top left at about 45 degree down. fill at 45 degree also, but angled at same level as object.

stil new, playing around lah.

orange looks dried? should spray some water on it the next time. thks for the suggestions

you use elinchrome to shoot these? :bigeyes: :eek:
isn't that too over hardcore? i thought you used some flash gun or some light box :sweat:

anyways, in the first pic, the small rectangle in the cup is the reflection of the lightbox isn't it :rolleyes:

nice go u get a star for effort. I feel these need more work to become the best they can be. the lighting needs refinement.... at least thats what this 80% calbrated lcd shows the compo is not decisive.

Among the 4, my preference will be the first one whereby all of the details are in focus. I like pictures to be clean and sharp. It gives a lot of details. I am a newbie here so maybe my perception could be wrong. :)

As for everybody's preference for Pic 3, I feel that it will be better if everything is in focus plus showing a lot of cold water condensation on the glass. That will really make me drool for the juice. :)

looks good ~
but too neat imo .. probably I am the messy person .. :bsmilie:

Since u got a white background/ table .. maybe can try splashing some juices on the table or something ? toppple the glass etc .. giving abit of raunchy feeling ..

just my 2cents

simon80 said:
looks good ~
but too neat imo .. probably I am the messy person .. :bsmilie:

Since u got a white background/ table .. maybe can try splashing some juices on the table or something ? toppple the glass etc .. giving abit of raunchy feeling ..

just my 2cents

Eh.. that'll b quite messy, I think.. heh.. maybe put put more peeled orange skin, ya? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.