Orange (G) filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is commonly use for taking photo using B&W film to darken the sky or creating contrast.

Hi

I happened to have an Orange (G) filter. Can I ask wat is it use for? And how to utilize it? When is best and any disadvantage of using this filter?

Increases contrast between reds and yellows. Mainly used for Black n white film.

Effect is in between yellow and red..

Increases contrast between reds and yellows. Mainly used for Black n white film.

Effect is in between yellow and red..

??? yes it is used in shooting B&W film but no.....

It lightens oranges and reds and darkens blue and green

when using coloured filters, refer to the colour wheel. It lightens which ever colour you have, and then darkens the opposing colours.

See how filters work

Hi

I happened to have an Orange (G) filter. Can I ask wat is it use for? And how to utilize it? When is best and any disadvantage of using this filter?

usually used for color correction in film. if i'm not wrong can be used as a warming filter as well.

in the digital age it is not really important since a few clicks in photoshop will give you an orange filter effect without all the pain of having to use it while shooting. not to mention, if your filter is not of best quality you take the risk of introducing extra flare, and degradation of image quality if you're anal about it.

usually used for color correction in film. if i'm not wrong can be used as a warming filter as well.

in the digital age it is not really important since a few clicks in photoshop will give you an orange filter effect without all the pain of having to use it while shooting. not to mention, if your filter is not of best quality you take the risk of introducing extra flare, and degradation of image quality if you're anal about it.
I think the orange tone is far too strong to corrent all if not most cooler scene, most of the time for warmer color, 81-series, skylight etc are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.