Optimum settings for dry cab

Status
Not open for further replies.

naresh666

Sep 9, 2002
Ang Mo Kio
www.guminc.com
hi

i damn noob so dun mind me. i got this dry cab with no instructions . i would like to know. its now on with stuff inside. on the metre it points to 56. where on mine the 50 to 60 mark is indicated as normal. then then dial inside is half way between m and h. is all this optimum. TIA

The thermostat level depends very much on the environment where the cabinet is set up. Use whatever setting that achieves a 50% relative humidity level. Any dryer and you're going to mess the up the lubrication on the mechanical bits of your camera gear.

normally my frens advises me 40 - 50%

i keep it about there lor....

The manuel that comes with my digi-cab states that for camera stuff, the humidity should be kept between 45 - 55%. However, do take note that reading given by individual Hydrometer may varies slightly. ( my 2 dry cab has a relative difference of 5% when counterchecked witha third one)

According to dryCab manufacturer, it should be 40-50% RH for photographic equipment.

I keep 44-45% RH.

Regards,
Arto.

I set mine @ the 45% RH mark too, using a secondary calibrated hydrometer (By SPRING Singapore) ;)

Artosoft said:
According to dryCab manufacturer, it should be 40-50% RH for photographic equipment.

I keep 44-45% RH.

Regards,
Arto.

ipin said:
I set mine @ the 45% RH mark too, using a secondary calibrated hydrometer (By SPRING Singapore) ;)

Where did u buy your hygrometer?

You can have your hydrometers sent in for calibration.
May have to pay a small fee though. email them to enquire. ;)

ipin said:

My apologies, this statement, I realise is a little misleading (Was typed when I was half asleep, noting the time that I typed it :embrass: ). I actually brought my secondary hydrometer to a calibrated set and tested it's accuracy. ;)

mine is kept at 50%... saw in book the best would be 45%-55%

Status
Not open for further replies.