Opinions on Razer Coppherhead mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

+evenstar

Planning to get a Razer Copperhead mouse. Any users of this mouse here? What are your comments about it? Is the rollerball silent and clicking not very loud? Currently using a free IBM mouse and find it not very accurate.

TIA

PS: Anywhere recommended to get this mouse at a decent price?

Read a lot of good reviews abt it. only downside is the price. i'm getting a razor viper soon. someone selling his razor viper for $35

+evenstar said:
Planning to get a Razer Copperhead mouse. Any users of this mouse here? What are your comments about it? Is the rollerball silent and clicking not very loud? Currently using a free IBM mouse and find it not very accurate.

TIA

PS: Anywhere recommended to get this mouse at a decent price?

I just received one for Christmas.

Please bear in mind that I am NOT a gamer:

The rollerball is extremely quiet yet tactile, clicking is rather audible but not loud.

It's insanely configurable to a very very fine degree. Tracking accuracy is phenomenal as expected.

Dislikes: For everyday use, the profile is possibly a little too low to be comfortable* if you're going to be using it for long stretches (at least for me it is - the typical butch looking Microsoft mouse is better for comfort ergonomics - but the Copperhead is meant to be super agile, hence the slimmer and narrower body); the right button is far too sensitive - I keep accidentally clicking it.

I'd take look at the best ones from Logitech and Microsoft as well. It's best to feel one in your hand before you buy one.

You might want to check THG's reviews of this and the competition.

*also dependent on hand position - I have discovered that if you cup your palm entirely on the raised hump and move the mouse using a lot of elbow (wrist off the table), it's quite comfortable; but if you hold your mouse with your wrist on the table like me, using just your hand and fingers to move the mouse, it can be very tiring to use. I suppose I might get used to it in the long run.

Diamondback feels better to me. especially the white plasma pro. it's 94. as for the normal plasma is 85 and normal chameleon green/salamander red, i don't know the price.

hm.. i use teh logitech g5..
gd..
but the weight abit no point cuz the body its abit "heavy"
so i dint use the xtra weight given..
u can also change senvitivy anytime with 1 click on the mouse..
it coust about the same as the copperhead if i am not wrong..

ben77 said:
gd..
Copperhead at $119, G5 was at $125 at Challenger

ben77 said:
gd..

I also don't use any of the extra weights provided for the G5. By the way, in case you are not aware, there is a firmware upgrade available for the G5. This is downloadable at their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.