[ Opinion ] - Will You Buy The Olympus E-5?

what do you guys think of the shutter sound from the E-5?
I tried it at Sitex today and the sound was somewhat loud and different from the E1 or even the E3.
I know it doesnt make any difference to photography but I'm kinda picky when it comes to it...but I'm still a fanboy after all. :bsmilie:

dude... go for LEICA.. u will nv wrong.. just buy and keep it, dun use it..
:D

good idea...... and then miss lots of good shots while adoring that leica. thanks dude!

If only Olympus can price it at the D7000 prince range. I was looking at the image samples and must say Olympus has done a very good job. The stumbling block is just the price.

Btw, whats the street price a E-5 fetches now?

If only Olympus can price it at the D7000 prince range. I was looking at the image samples and must say Olympus has done a very good job. The stumbling block is just the price.

Btw, whats the street price a E-5 fetches now?

Its at 2150 at tk photo after loyal customer rebate.. Was there on Sunday..

Its at 2150 at tk photo after loyal customer rebate.. Was there on Sunday..

Both TK photo and John 3:16 sell as $2150 when old E system warranty card shown(check 2 weeks ago). John 3:16 states the promo until yesterday 7 Dec 10(maybe still continue that discount).

MS colour sells 2200 with E system warranty card shown. Additionally they will also give one more 8GB card (I suppose is a normal less than 133x CF card or a normal class 4 SD card).

Going down to TK photo this friday to clinch the deal.

Both TK photo and John 3:16 sell as $2150 when old E system warranty card shown(check 2 weeks ago). John 3:16 states the promo until yesterday 7 Dec 10(maybe still continue that discount).

MS colour sells 2200 with E system warranty card shown. Additionally they will also give one more 8GB card (I suppose is a normal less than 133x CF card or a normal class 4 SD card).

Going down to TK photo this friday to clinch the deal.

For me? Why... you shouldn't have :sweatsm: I tan ku ku man :bsmilie:

No hurry for me. I am waiting to see the pro m4/3 first.

On the other hand, I will definitely get the E5 if I buy a SHG lens :bsmilie:

You know what... the past E-series cameras have been somewhat marred by average or not-so-good reviews, past E-series cameras are always missing something here and there, or they do not perform as well as others... BUT, I have not read a single poor review on the E-5 (if you have, do point me to it, as I would like to read it), I guess that says a lot about the camera, and Olympus has done something very right with the E-5.

Some may say it's too late etc... but the fact is the E-5 is a very capable camera and will serve it's users for a good 3-5 years, unless the E-7 comes out earlier than that... :embrass:

For the E-5 owners, how would you rate the dynamic range? Having to use EPL1, I find the dynamic range is pretty limiting relative to the competitor, APSC sensor.

The 1 thing about Olympus is its breath taking colours. For some reason, which I hardly can explain, it looks very 3D and colour tonality is flattering.

You know what... the past E-series cameras have been somewhat marred by average or not-so-good reviews, past E-series cameras are always missing something here and there, or they do not perform as well as others... BUT, I have not read a single poor review on the E-5 (if you have, do point me to it, as I would like to read it), I guess that says a lot about the camera, and Olympus has done something very right with the E-5.

Some may say it's too late etc... but the fact is the E-5 is a very capable camera and will serve it's users for a good 3-5 years, unless the E-7 comes out earlier than that... :embrass:

I have not read any reviews, but I do remember somewhere saying that Olympus will catch up and learn from their mistakes quite fast, the ergonomics is a little saddening though but ah well, at least its still comfortable to hold, E-7 should come out like 3-4 years? :bsmilie: but then again,reviews are reviews, it may not be their cup of tea until the E-5, more importantly is one is comfortable with his/her gear ;)

For the E-5 owners, how would you rate the dynamic range? Having to use EPL1, I find the dynamic range is pretty limiting relative to the competitor, APSC sensor.

The 1 thing about Olympus is its breath taking colours. For some reason, which I hardly can explain, it looks very 3D and colour tonality is flattering.

What do u mean that the dynamic range is limited? Is it in terms of blowing highlights or shadows or what?

frankly speaking there is no such thing as right or wrong but instead whether good or bad. everything is debatable. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder..One man's meat is another man's posion, agreed. cheers & let us move forward bros..:)

hi alphonse, any lobang for me to sell my E520 & get the E5? cheers:thumbsup:

hi alphonse, any lobang for me to sell my E520 & get the E5? cheers:thumbsup:

I will even have problem getting my E510 sold ahhahahah. Can't help you on that... ... (I've convince myself this is my spare camera or maybe next time is my event spare camera like you see the cameraman in the wedding dinner running around with each lens attach on each body to get fast and different good photo)

However I have tell you where to find the cheapest lobang in Singapore at the moment... ...

Alphonse:
Did you buy the E5 at $2150 nett, incl of GST? Was it part of any package, or just the body alone?

If yes to all, that is a very good price. I did not know of this price, and bought mine at the standard $2298. :)

Robin