[ Opinion ] - Will You Buy The Olympus E-5?

YES! I will be upgrading from my E-510 to the E-5!

Yes I did! :D

By the way, if you can't find your warranty card and receipt, bring your camera body down to the shop and let them take a photo of the cam and serial number. It's sufficient enough to get the $200 rebate.

Yes. Bought it yesterday at CP. Should have got it at MSC and save $98. Besides the price, I really like the E-5.

For me, probably not. Unless they release an E-50. Dont really need the weathersealing so it's a bit bulky for me

Will buy E-5 until my Leica Digilux 3 (4/3) is dead...:D

Olympus may live longer than me..no worries.

I'm already giving up my Oympus 4/3 systems and investing a lot in Sony system.
It's a sad and very painful news when they said that they will no longer concentrate on their 4/3 system.
So, broken-heartedly, I'm selling away all my Olympus gears (most of them are sold already).

It's a sad and very painful news when they said that they will no longer concentrate on their 4/3 system.
So, broken-heartedly, I'm selling away all my Olympus gears (most of them are sold already).

They're no longer concentrating doesn't mean that its dead, no need to sell,no need to be broken hearted

If E-5 will suit our needs, no need to change to another system. As long as the body and lenses can still give us what we want, our gears can still last for years.

We never know what other improvements/changes will happen to photography in the coming years. I think almost all camera companies did have changes or transitions when the technology is available. So even if we change to a popular brand, it doesnt really guarantee that it is the "secure" decision.

If E-5 will suit our needs, no need to change to another system. As long as the body and lenses can still give us what we want, our gears can still last for years.

We never know what other improvements/changes will happen to photography in the coming years. I think almost all camera companies did have changes or transitions when the technology is available. So even if we change to a popular brand, it doesnt really guarantee that it is the "secure" decision.

I want my gear to last longer, not die on me 2 years later with bits and pieces seemingly falling apart :bsmilie:, just joking

But I agree with what you said,food for thought

I bought the E5 , Olympus Malaysia made an effort to deliver to me just a few days before my Myanmar trip 13th Nov -18. Used the camera extensively and very satisfied with its overall performance. Will post some pictures later.

I don't worry about Oly's future, they may not be good communicator but they are not stupid. I believ they will come out with better things. Also I live for today and the satisfactions I get using Olympus cannot be replace by any Camera brand yet. I am laughing with joy with all my shots now.

I bought the E5 , Olympus Malaysia made an effort to deliver to me just a few days before my Myanmar trip 13th Nov -18. Used the camera extensively and very satisfied with its overall performance. Will post some pictures later.

I don't worry about Oly's future, they may not be good communicator but they are not stupid. I believ they will come out with better things. Also I live for today and the satisfactions I get using Olympus cannot be replace by any Camera brand yet. I am laughing with joy with all my shots now.

No offense,but what you just said got me thinking you're nuts laughing to yourself with your shots :bsmilie:

But good to know that you're satisfied with it, I was joking with Olympus Singapore just now saying that my E-3 is telling me its time to upgrade to E-5 because its starting to break down:bsmilie:

No offense,but what you just said got me thinking you're nuts laughing to yourself with your shots :bsmilie:

But good to know that you're satisfied with it, I was joking with Olympus Singapore just now saying that my E-3 is telling me its time to upgrade to E-5 because its starting to break down:bsmilie:

i ought to stop reading this poisonous thread..
they price the body too high, i'm saying.. :sticktong

anyone knows if they'll be showing off the cam at the upcoming computer fair? ;p

i ought to stop reading this poisonous thread..
they price the body too high, i'm saying.. :sticktong

anyone knows if they'll be showing off the cam at the upcoming computer fair? ;p

Wait for the brochure come out lor :bsmilie:

I'm also giving up Olympus. E5 not my league and definitely will not buy it new. Don't find holding PEN with good feelings. Thus PEN is not for me although Oly pushes us to get PENs. Besides why should I be pushed? Since I'm stuck, might as well jump ship. Now deciding which should I go......Nikon? Canon? Sony? Pentax?..........

I'm also giving up Olympus. E5 not my league and definitely will not buy it new. Don't find holding PEN with good feelings. Thus PEN is not for me although Oly pushes us to get PENs. Besides why should I be pushed? Since I'm stuck, might as well jump ship. Now deciding which should I go......Nikon? Canon? Sony? Pentax?..........

dude... go for LEICA.. u will nv wrong.. just buy and keep it, dun use it..
:D

Haha, ya lor, I can't laugh with my Canikon friends and keep on showing them my shots so have to laugh with myself.

I saw the pictures of my Nikon and Canon friends and compared (quietly by myself) the sharpness and colors and was so ashamed to show them my pics for fear they will feel depressed having spent twice as me.

All Olympus users are nuts anyway. That is how other brands user look at us.

Last edited:
Haha, ya lor, I can't laugh with my Canikon friends and keep on showing them my shots so have to laugh with myself.

I saw the pictures of my Nikon and Canon friends and compared (quietly by myself) the sharpness and colors and was so ashamed to show them my pics for fear they will feel depressed having spent twice as me.

All Olympus users are nuts anyway. That is how other brands user look at us.

I know what you mean but that's the way it is, that much is all I can say, if I do drop by in KL, can meet you and chat from dawn to dusk :bsmilie: