Opinion of Sigma EF-500 DG Super on Pentax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they gave me a calling card to contact for warranty and such.
But it might be for the lens. Can't remember....
Need to wait until move office and unpack stuff.... :rolleyes:

Maybe I go down in weekend to check again:think:

hand itchy, i write to usa sigma to confirm the compatibility problem between k10d and their flash and they mentioned that the latest batch can work fine but unable to trace the lot number... looks like have to check locally on the production date....

hand itchy, i write to usa sigma to confirm the compatibility problem between k10d and their flash and they mentioned that the latest batch can work fine but unable to trace the lot number... looks like have to check locally on the production date....

Local ones should be ok, as many don't keep stock for Pentax mount. But those buy from OP have to be very careful liao.:think:

Local ones should be ok, as many don't keep stock for Pentax mount. But those buy from OP have to be very careful liao.:think:

Careful about? Just go back to OP if you have problems. Initially wanted to send to OP for the upgrade, but decided not to after being told no wireless on K100D. :embrass:

Careful about? Just go back to OP if you have problems. Initially wanted to send to OP for the upgrade, but decided not to after being told no wireless on K100D. :embrass:

Easier if OP did all the rechipped or firmware upgrade before hand. Careful, cause OP carries older stock that had yet been upgrade. So it's troublesome, I mean I buy a product and expect it to work ok, without sending in within 1 week after purchase;)

Easier if OP did all the rechipped or firmware upgrade before hand. Careful, cause OP carries older stock that had yet been upgrade. So it's troublesome, I mean I buy a product and expect it to work ok, without sending in within 1 week after purchase;)

Well someone in the right mind would only buy an item only if it is working ain't it? Another possible way is to book a set with them and tell them to upgrade first before collection? I did that, telling them to test the compability with the K100D first. If it is not working, don't call me at all until its's fixed. ;)

Well someone in the right mind would only buy an item only if it is working ain't it? Another possible way is to book a set with them and tell them to upgrade first before collection? I did that, telling them to test the compability with the K100D first. If it is not working, don't call me at all until its's fixed. ;)

Many don't test wireless mode when they buy. Or rather they never thought they'll use it:bsmilie:

Cannot. Cause OP warranty card no stamp.

IIRC Sigma EF-500 DG Super works much after the K10D & Sigma flash firmware update:)

i email them, they say can go to local support centee .. got 1 year international warranty.... but dunno they referring to lens or flash... :dunno:
think i better check the warranty card and double confirm with them when i buy

if i am getting a flash for bouncing off the walls and ceiling behind me (not ceiling in front of me), does p-ttl helps? or getting a cheap manual flash is enough for me?
how fast is the pre flash? will be be like pre flash, wait 1 second then actual flash or is it almost instantaneous?

if i am getting a flash for bouncing off the walls and ceiling behind me (not ceiling in front of me), does p-ttl helps? or getting a cheap manual flash is enough for me?
how fast is the pre flash? will be be like pre flash, wait 1 second then actual flash or is it almost instantaneous?

It's really fast, almost can't see. It will do a pre-flash to determind the power required for the correct exposure. For event shots, having PTTL is better. PTTL seems to work better on K100D than K10D. My advise is try before you buy. (Based on AF540FGZ)

It's really fast, almost can't see. It will do a pre-flash to determind the power required for the correct exposure. For event shots, having PTTL is better. PTTL seems to work better on K100D than K10D. My advise is try before you buy. (Based on AF540FGZ)

thanks! using a DL, hope it works ok to...

Heyo,

Anyone has got a good price/shop for Sigma EF-500 DG Super ?

I'm kinda lazy to call shops... so since you guys are talking about it.....

thanks!

So far cheapest I found was OP, that's why I got from there.
Need to get back next week on exact price and warranty though....

So far cheapest I found was OP, that's why I got from there.
Need to get back next week on exact price and warranty though....

Let us know the price ok? Thanks.

Let us know the price ok? Thanks.

What I got it at SGD 340. And I think I was the one who brought in all the Sigma flashes, as at that time, there were none in stock, so I ordered it from Lynn.:think:

What I got it at SGD 340. And I think I was the one who brought in all the Sigma flashes, as at that time, there were none in stock, so I ordered it from Lynn.:think:

Wow $340 thats a very good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.