One day in your life

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricodzeus

Mar 1, 2008
2733120465_751ae7ca71.jpg

c&c welcome.

Took this on a sunday morning, when people gather to keep fit.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
- Composition, effect of pp.
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
- Question oneself: when did you last exercise?
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- Morning 8+, feeling fresh and tired at the same time (not enuff zzzz....)
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
- Every effort make is well spent.

thanks for viewing.

From what I've learnt from Clubsnap, if the subject does not have much brilliant colours, selective colouring might not work that well. Seems like the old man was copy-pasted into that photo XD

my 2cents

From what I've learnt from Clubsnap, if the subject does not have much brilliant colours, selective colouring might not work that well. Seems like the old man was copy-pasted into that photo XD

my 2cents
Thanks. One photo, just pp to bring focus to the old gentleman.

Original (only resize): http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3193/2735038025_138041572d.jpg

The picture is grainy. Didnt really understand what the effect you are trying to do.
Thanks. Same as above, to bring focus to the old gentleman, and the original photo was low in contrast.

he don't look too healthy to motivate me to start excercising. Looks just like the rest
:) thanks. Let me see if I can find an younger subject.... :embrass:

Last edited:
...with his hands like that, he looked more like asking for mercy / praying than exercising...

...with his hands like that, he looked more like asking for mercy / praying than exercising...

:bsmilie: you are right, I think they were doing a circular forward action.

Last edited:
You could try vignetting to bring focus to the old man.

IMHO, the colour accenting doesn't work here. pictureperfect is sort of right in saying that the subject comes off stronger colour accenting when it is boldly coloured, like here:

The black and white background is also not contrasty enough. I'm guessing you merely desaturated the background, and didn't do a B&W conversion. A proper B&W conversion will render a more contrasty background, like above.

Composition wise, I feel that he is a little too near the right edge of the frame for comfort. Could have given just a small bit more space on the right.

Also, what does the title have to do with the image? I feel it's not cohesive.

IMHO, the colour accenting doesn't work here. pictureperfect is sort of right in saying that the subject comes off stronger colour accenting when it is boldly coloured, like here:

The black and white background is also not contrasty enough. I'm guessing you merely desaturated the background, and didn't do a B&W conversion. A proper B&W conversion will render a more contrasty background, like above.

Composition wise, I feel that he is a little too near the right edge of the frame for comfort. Could have given just a small bit more space on the right.

Also, what does the title have to do with the image? I feel it's not cohesive.

thanks for your comment. Nice pic you shared.
for the b&w bkgnd, i used manual adjustment for the saturation and added blur filter with some noise for the grainy effect. The old man, I did a bit of level and sharpening, which resulted the subject looked c&p to the background, hahaha.....
Noted the commend on cropping. I did the cropping to remove distraction of other old folks behind and beside him.
As for the title:thanks, but it's just my own sentiment at the time of naming the title.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.