Olympus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red4Ever

Aug 25, 2008
Hi... Someone told me that I should have put this thread up here so here it is...
I have sent out e-mails to a whole lot of stalls but none have replied me. It must have been about 2-4 days? Checked out websites but prices do vary huh?
So does anyone have the average prices of the Olympus E-520 (twin kit) which consist of the 14-42mm and 40-150mm kit lenses?
I would also like to know the prices of the Olympus 50mm f/1.8, Sigma 24mm F1.8 EX Aspherical DG DF Macro (Is there a Olympus equivalent?), and Olympus Zuiko 50-250mm f/5. Do any of you somehow have the prices? And which of the above are compatible with the
E-520 or which need the adaptor.

When you ask a question like this, you should mention where you are in the world, especially since you didn't fill in your location information in when you registered. Be careful of stores with really cheap prices...some pull scams like not including the battery & charger (they charge a premium price for that), others illegally import the cameras so they don't have an Olympus warranty (grey market cameras). Personally I choose a store that's willing to help me, and help me in the future...that is definitely worth a few dollars more; I once chose a store that had the lowest price in the city (when I bought my C-700 six years ago), and it wasn't a good experience...when I was asking questions it was like, "Are you going to buy this camera, or not?" Now I prefer to pay a little bit more if it's a decent store.

If you get a lens with a FourThirds mount, NO adapter is required. An adapter is only required if you are using a manual/legacy film lens like Olympus OM. Note you CAN'T use modern electonic lenses from other companies like Canon or Nikon on your Olympus...Sigma is the exception because they modify their lenses for different mounts, BUT you have to make sure you get the right mount for your camera (FourThirds), and yes Sigma lenses with differen mounts may have different prices. If you're new to using a FourThirds camera, here are some sites you should visit to learn more about your camera, and availble lenses:

- General information and tidbits including list of leses (past, present, and future), reviews from an Oly user's perspective,
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/index.html

- Free online camera and photo lessons
http://www.olympusdigitalschool.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.