Olympus XZ-2 or Canon G15

smtan24

Dec 21, 2005
Tampines
I'm thinking of getting either a Olympus XZ-2 or a Canon G15. Both seem to be good compact cameras. I basically one a compact camera with good image quality.

I'm thinking of getting either a Olympus XZ-2 or a Canon G15. Both seem to be good compact cameras. I basically one a compact camera with good image quality.

That's nice for you.

So, after reading the reviews and going to the shops to try them for yourself, which did you choose?

And why not the rx100?

Only got a chance to try out the Canon G15. Has a nice feel to it. I'm incline to get the G15. Anyone tried the XZ-2.

Only got a chance to try out the Canon G15. Has a nice feel to it. I'm incline to get the G15. Anyone tried the XZ-2.

If we try it, does not matter. Our tastes are different from yours. It's you who needs to try them to decide which suits *you* better. Or do you also ask others for what food to eat, what clothes to wear, what girl to date, etc etc?

Got the canon G15. Pretty good low light capabilities.

Got the canon G15. Pretty good low light capabilities.

Good for you. I am going to get the G15 too... but seeing that the G15 is pretty old by today's standards, I am waiting abit to see what come out next ;) Then get the G15 at a discounted price when the G16 came out (hahahahaha... yeah, I am a cheapskate.)

(PS. I am also hoping that Canon solve the freaking sluggish AF performance of the G1X. I really really like the image quality of that monster... I think it top most compact camera.)

Last edited:
I got a Sunblitz Di TTL 4000 for my G15 for SGD95.

Bellow is the Canon G15 with the Sunblitz Di TTL 4000.

ICT0317.JPG