olympus u/w housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladytango

Mar 11, 2007
yishun
just bought olympus 550 during the IT show.
seems like the housing will only arrive in late may.
and i may be missing a good time for u/w photos.
=[

anyone knows where i can get the casing before may?:dunno:

if you're looking for a 3rd party housing like ikelite, you can check out their website to see if they have a housing for your camera

thank you everyone for the prompt reply.
guess i have to lug my pns film camera for the time being.
the no zoom no focus type.
=[

:confused:

End March is not too long too wait for an original housing available locally. A good idea to wait and get it here rather than on the internet.

hmm.. the sales people told me late may..
so should it be march or may?
of cuz, i do wish its the former...:rolleyes:

How much is a olympus 550 and the housing? :)

bought mine during IT show for 849.
the sales guy says housing will be under 500.
499 also under 500 i suppose.
*makes a face*

hmm.. u can chk with oceanic focus. Quite a number of us here got our stuff from him :)

hopefully they hav the answer for u :)

bought mine during IT show for 849.
the sales guy says housing will be under 500.
499 also under 500 i suppose.
*makes a face*

Is that a general waterproof case or is it rated?

$500 is cheap; I saw a site indicating D70 case for about $5,000; and that's excluding the D70.

Is that a general waterproof case or is it rated?

$500 is cheap; I saw a site indicating D70 case for about $5,000; and that's excluding the D70.

eh... SLR casing is generally much much more. I think mainly because it's not very mass produced and got to have different ports for all the funny lenses..

typical manufacturers casing cost like $300 or so.. saw the SP550 casing.. I think have to pay extra for the humongous lens port!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, that was one of the first type of u/w 'housing' I've seen. Doubt it'll be cheap, but still much cheaper than the hard plastic type.
Someone try it out first then let us know how well it keeps the water out ;P

Sorry to be such a noob in this area, but other than Nikonos IV (?) has there been any other real u/w camera produced since then?

I had a diver in my group using the ewa type casing for his D70 last year.

He experienced some problems such as:
- buoyancy of the setup, so had to add about a 2lb weight)
- certain buttons could not function even at shallow depth
- no proper grip making holding on to the camera when not in use a challenge (his did not have a sling)

He told me it cost SGD350 for it. For that price I'd rather opt for a polyvcarbonate casing cause you can add basetray, arms and strobe.

i just found out.. that everyone is waiting for olympus sp550 housing.
and i was told.. that it is unavailable in the whole world. *exact words from the shop guy*.

reason being the housing has to be redesigned.

sigh. what to do what to do!!!!

my dive trip is in two week's time =[

aight..

:cry:

i just found out.. that everyone is waiting for olympus sp550 housing.
and i was told.. that it is unavailable in the whole world. *exact words from the shop guy*.

reason being the housing has to be redesigned.

sigh. what to do what to do!!!!

my dive trip is in two week's time =[

aight..

:cry:

i think that guy bluff you .. unless his name is god, I dun see how he would know everything in the whole world lor

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=146825
Ships by DHL (3-4 days) total cost incl shipping bout 250 pounds

http://www.shopbot.com.au/p-51913-853107.html
List of some online resellers - not all may ship to singapore

http://www.oceanicfocus.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=27_46&osCsid=f0916a8ac0f956234667a3a4e224cb51
Everyone's fave underwater photog shop.. can try them to see if there's stock

p.s. this help comes with a clause.. you have to show us your UW pics.. MUAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Sad to say that though SP-550UZ does have a housing, I am personally doubtful on their release dates.

I.E. E-330's housing was schedule to be launched 6 months after it was released. Only when the model was about to end it's shelf life did the housing made a debut in Singapore.

For the 550, I am aware that it is suppose to be out in May..but rumours has it that the current model has been called back for re-designing? Yet to confirm with my sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.