Olympus SGP Service is Good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by mpenza
high end CMOS could work as well as CCD and they're less prone to heating and hot pixel problems.

wah..how come ur nick change from KC to Mpenza

Originally posted by Klause
Just called mr goh and he agrees to get my firmware upgraded within 1/2 hr

Klause...
can ask him if the firmware can be downloaded and can we install it ourself?

Thanks.

Originally posted by LifeWorld

Yes, I actually intend to buy this model. Guess have to try my luck!

It's a good buy...the 10x lens with IS alone is worth it....just remember not to pay more than S$1K for it and u'll be ok.

By the way, I may have scare Mr Goh (from Oly) off with all the qns that he gives me a little booklet call FAQ on Digital Photograpgy by Olympus. Those who are newbie like me should ask for a copy when you are in Oly office.

Cheers--

Originally posted by Kevin
By the way, I may have scare Mr Goh (from Oly) off with all the qns that he gives me a little booklet call FAQ on Digital Photograpgy by Olympus. Those who are newbie like me should ask for a copy when you are in Oly office.

Cheers--

Went there today. He upgrade my firmware and gave me the booklet too =)

Umm.. not sure. U?

The current firmware version of my DC is v73, dunno abt the previous version, but last time got a few hot pixels at less than 1 sec + the DC can't keep my custom setting after power-off..

According to some forum, the latest is v77, so dunno how come Oly SG updated my firmware to an older version. Anyway, the few hot pixels is gone and my custom setting issue is solved...so I'm happy abt it!!! ;)

Originally posted by Jayan

The current firmware version of my DC is v73, dunno abt the previous version, but a few hot pixels at less than 1 sec + the DC can't keep my custom setting after power-off..

According to some forum, the latest is v77, so dunno how come Oly SG updated my firmware to an older version. Anyway, the few hot pixels is gone and my custom setting issue is solved...so I'm happy abt it!!! ;)

How do you check version?

How do you check version?

Download any EXIF reader fom the Internet.....it'll show you ur camera settings + other info when the pix is taken.

Note: Don't edit the pix b4 checking, cos if u do so the bulk of info will be gone.

Went there today. He upgrade my firmware and gave me the booklet too =)

You asked a lot of qns mai or Mr Goh is scared of us now. Aiyah, the booklet not suitable for you lah, more for newbie. :bsmilie:

Hope your DC work better than B4. :rbounce:

Originally posted by Kevin

You asked a lot of qns mai or Mr Goh is scared of us now. Aiyah, the booklet not suitable for you lah, more for newbie. :bsmilie:

Hope your DC work better than B4. :rbounce:

he is a nice guy=)

Its good that you experience good service from Olympus Singapore,
but myself and quite a number of Olympus camera users does not feel the same way as you.
For one, when you send them an email, you hardly get a response from them. They are slow to responding to you, if at all. And if they do respond, they do not provide you with a solution, just saying that they could not help.. full stop..

My experience with Olym SG is that they are not customer focus.

So far the BEST help I got is from Olympus USA.. very professional and respond to you quickly. If they could not help, at least they would offer you with an alternative solution.. From the OM Adapter issue, Olympus USA is very generous to offer free to all Olympus user and they even entertain me from Singapore. But for Olym SG, even giving out the free OM Adapters are tied with many conditions. I send in my request for the free OM Adapter but as usual, no acknowledgement from Oly SG.

Rather than be frustrated with the poor service level of Olympus SG, I have managed to get my OM Adapters and solve my other technical issues through Olympus USA.

Kevin, you are entitled to you opinion and its good you felt good about Olm SG service level. But myself and a lot of other Olympus users in Singapore does not feel that way.

wy555 said:
Its good that you experience good service from Olympus Singapore,
but myself and quite a number of Olympus camera users does not feel the same way as you.
For one, when you send them an email, you hardly get a response from them. They are slow to responding to you, if at all. And if they do respond, they do not provide you with a solution, just saying that they could not help.. full stop..

My experience with Olym SG is that they are not customer focus.

So far the BEST help I got is from Olympus USA.. very professional and respond to you quickly. If they could not help, at least they would offer you with an alternative solution.. From the OM Adapter issue, Olympus USA is very generous to offer free to all Olympus user and they even entertain me from Singapore. But for Olym SG, even giving out the free OM Adapters are tied with many conditions. I send in my request for the free OM Adapter but as usual, no acknowledgement from Oly SG.

Rather than be frustrated with the poor service level of Olympus SG, I have managed to get my OM Adapters and solve my other technical issues through Olympus USA.

Kevin, you are entitled to you opinion and its good you felt good about Olm SG service level. But myself and a lot of other Olympus users in Singapore does not feel that way.

Are you NUTS?!! Replying to a thread that talk about something dating back to January 2002? The said Kevin is prob not around this forum anymore! :sweat:

tao said:
Are you NUTS?!! Replying to a thread that talk about something dating back to January 2002? The said Kevin is prob not around this forum anymore! :sweat:
he he, sorry to disappoint you, I am still around. :bsmilie:

I have turned into a Nuclear sub that dive deep deep and stealth long long. :bigeyes:

Sad to hear that Olympus service level has dropped, may be Mr.Goh has left. :eek:

tao said:
I see, but kinda crazy to me to reply to a 3 year old thread that praised good service rendered 3 years ago!!! Not now leh! Please lah!!! :bsmilie:
Yah lor. SG Prime Minister also changed liao. ;)

Olympus SG properly has a new head that manage things differently. Sad to hear all the complains. :cry:

Good thing I gave away my Oly DC liao! :sweat:

p/s. I don't mean to insult or flame anyone. It just that CS send me a message that I never post for long long time. so just post something so that CS won't delist me. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.