Olympus Official Firmware Download Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the new firmware is PictBridge-compatible!

Good news to Olympus users...

any1 d/l the c5060w firmware.
any1 alredy updated?
what happen if can't revert back to the old firmware, & camera can't work.
warranty will be void?
any comments.
thks

I doubt the warranty will be void as it's just a software. Just send it in to service centre and tell them your camera acting funny and go crazy, this will let them have a chance to check and service while at the same time update your camera with the latest firmware available. That happened to me when i last send in for the famous mode dial problem.
As for the firmware, i downloaded when xfusion posted this important post here. Everything is a breeze. Just follow the instruction and voila. Shouldn't have a chance to go wrong unless the battery went low while you update the camera. So just ensure the battery is full charged. This step is mentioned when you are about to update the firmware so relax... follow the steps and you have the latest firmware in your camera. ;)

Davey said:
Have a C750UZ, updated my firmware ... now its PictBridge compatible ...
Unfortunately, I don't think I will ever use the PictBridge capability! ;)

I've too updated my C740UZ. Just like you, I don't think I will ever use the PictBridge function. ;)

Hi, has any managed to get a 1GB xD card to work with a c750uz ? Is there a firmware to allow a c750uz to use > 512mb ?

kelster said:
hmm...wonder why the firmware update for C5050 posted sometime before in DPreview is not in the list here from the Olympus website?? :dunno:

good question... anyone know if there is new firmware for the C5050?

Status
Not open for further replies.