Olympus In-Body Mechanical Image Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakon09

Aug 12, 2005
Heads up Olympians,

Oly has announced 10 PnS models to be released at Photokina. Of particular interest is the new mju:750, which boasts a in-body gyroscopic mechanical CCD-shift image stabilizer.

Also, Oly reps attending the closed-door product brief have apparently signed a No Disclosure Agreement regarding the E-System until 14 Sep!

This Photokina would be interesting indeed! :devil:

Thats gd news for Oly Users..:D Although I am not an Oly user myself but have always admired the E-system and the :thumbsup: Zuiko lens.. It seems to be the trend nowadays for new cameras to come with built-in image stabilizer.. Sony, Pentax and now maybe Olympus.. Is it really necessary? The market used to be fine even without all this image-stabilizing trend..

Well, if you ask me, I'll say that it isn't necessary in the photographic point of view.

As a convenience factor, it helps people take decent photos.

As a marketing tool, it's absolutely necessary. Every other camera manufacturer has image stabilization in one way or the other, so it's a matter in keeping up appearances and "be in the competition."

If the IS does appear in the new pro body, then in the engineering and design aspect of it, pure genius if Oly could work the SSWF with the IS.

Of course, Oly should provide a switch to turn the IS off....

At the end of the day, the more cameras Oly sells, the better for us Olympians as it is stimulus for Oly to develop better products.

Time to lay the *smackdown* on ugh... Sony.

VR,IS or whatever they are called, would be a welcome addition. The option to switch it off is also needed as super steady photographers may find it troublesome.

When blu was on his night cruise in Guilin, all shots done with the 8080 were shakey..blu had to use the Panasonic LZ2.

drakon09 said:
Heads up Olympians,....Also, Oly reps attending the closed-door product brief have apparently signed a No Disclosure Agreement regarding the E-System until 14 Sep!....:devil:
TODAY is the day No Disclosure Agreement ends...who is gonna let us have more information!!!!

Blu-By-U said:
TODAY is the day No Disclosure Agreement ends...who is gonna let us have more information!!!!

There's still going to be no word on the Pro-E's...they don't intend to release that info until Photokina itself. But today is the official announcements of the E-400, which might not even be released in North America.

Mikefellh said:
There's still going to be no word on the Pro-E's...they don't intend to release that info until Photokina itself. But today is the official announcements of the E-400, which might not even be released in North America.
Looks like only concept model of E1 successor be release in photokina :(

If you think back, the E-1 was first shown as only a concept model, do some reading on the "OLYDAK".

Status
Not open for further replies.