Olympus FTL gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keltzar

Jul 18, 2002
West
Visit site
I'm on the lookout for the Olympus lenses in M42 screwmount for the "FTL" line...

if anyone has any for sale, or knows where to find them ... I'd be happy for a pointer! Generally I already have most of the lenses, but I'm still missing the 28mm f3.5 zuiko in screwmount...

Even if you're not selling, does anyone else have these lenses / cameras in Singapore?

The Olympus FTL line was only sold for about 2 years, from 1971-73 .. .before OM.

is m42 the same as the pentax mount?

can try cameraquest.com ...

Keltzar said:
I'm on the lookout for the Olympus lenses in M42 screwmount for the "FTL" line...

if anyone has any for sale, or knows where to find them ... I'd be happy for a pointer! Generally I already have most of the lenses, but I'm still missing the 28mm f3.5 zuiko in screwmount...

Even if you're not selling, does anyone else have these lenses / cameras in Singapore?

The Olympus FTL line was only sold for about 2 years, from 1971-73 .. .before OM.

You are holding something really rare. This FTL system was not born in a correct timing. Maitani's M project (changed name to OM later) got tremendous success so the FTL project had to be sentenced to death. All together, there are 6 lenses though two are actually the same 50mm but different in F value. Unfortunetly, 28mm is the only wide angle lens in the Olympus FTL system. People seldom sell it. Five years ago, I happened to see one in one small 2nd camera shop near Ginza area of Japan. You can try your luck there !

rionie said:
You are holding something really rare. This FTL system was not born in a correct timing. Maitani's M project (changed name to OM later) got tremendous success so the FTL project had to be sentenced to death. All together, there are 6 lenses though two are actually the same 50mm but different in F value. Unfortunetly, 28mm is the only wide angle lens in the Olympus FTL system. People seldom sell it. Five years ago, I happened to see one in one small 2nd camera shop near Ginza area of Japan. You can try your luck there !

wow :bigeyes: muz share a few pics of it with us :thumbsup:

rionie said:

Thanks for your note... an offline auction closed in Australia recently for the full set (camera+6 lenses), for about US$200...
the kit is rare, but it's not particularly valuable or expensive. but its esoteric so it intrigues me.

I have 2 FTL bodies, both 50mm, 135mm , 200mm , 35mm and just missing the 28mm.

The 50/1.8 and f1.4 are very different. The f1.4 version is bigger physically.

to answer the other qn: Yes, its pentax screwmount.

http://www.37108.com/retina/htm/olym_ftl.htm

Keltzar said:
Thanks for your note... an offline auction closed in Australia recently for the full set (camera+6 lenses), for about US$200...
the kit is rare, but it's not particularly valuable or expensive. but its esoteric so it intrigues me.

I have 2 FTL bodies, both 50mm, 135mm , 200mm , 35mm and just missing the 28mm.

The 50/1.8 and f1.4 are very different. The f1.4 version is bigger physically.

to answer the other qn: Yes, its pentax screwmount.

http://www.37108.com/retina/htm/olym_ftl.htm

Though it is just a difference of 0.3 in F value, the requirement in Optics is huge in the super fast lens category. F1.4 lens needs much bigger glass element. It is considered as professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.