Olympus E10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Tweek

no no...Pro90 IS does not have manual zoom ring...the only prosumer digicams that has that are the Dimage 5/7/7i/7hi.

Heh, sorry Tweek, but the Dimage looks much like a toy when compares to the E10 :D

*togu runs away

Originally posted by togu

Heh, sorry Tweek, but the Dimage looks much like a toy when compares to the E10 :D

*togu runs away

that I agree, but why u say sorry eh? I was only saying the only the Dimage 5/7/7i/7hi have mechanical zoom ring for consumer digicams what....:p

Hehheh, I thought you owned one of those toys. :p

Maddog, "jiang shi lao de la" Grandma is good....

:D

THe only ugly thing is the big ugly black info box on your lcd screen, but since I compose most of the pics through the EVF, again, that's acceptable.

big ugly box? and i'm sure you meant ttl optical viewfinder, instead of EVF (electronic viewfinder)... :p

Que, have you attended the free course yet? Perhaps we can attend together. :gbounce: And, just a personal question, any clue what external flash is usable beside the $660 Fl-40?

Free course? Damn, nobody tells me these things. :p Anyway, I've had my e10 for quite a few months already, so I don't know if the free course still applies to me. Besides, I bought my e10 off ebay at its current selling price (but had some pretty nifty extras thrown in)...

Oh, and as for the flash, I have a few that I use -- but they are not TTL, meaning either I manually set the power, or it has some sensor that detects light, and I just set the camera to adapt.

These would be the Vivitar 285HV, and the Suntax 9000DT (the more recent models, of which I had the pleasure of "beta-testing" for the Suntax folk). If you know how to test flash trigger voltages, you can look for the Achiever 260T's that have the low trigger voltage (like the ones StreetShooter has).

hey mpenza,

you got a quote for an E10 < $1699? cool. how much exactly did they quote? :D

can PM me if you're not comfortable revealing.

thanks.

Originally posted by mpenza
just want to point out that Cathay sells the E10 for less than $1699 with the 2 free SM....

Originally posted by rochkoh
hey mpenza,

you got a quote for an E10 < $1699? cool. how much exactly did they quote? :D

can PM me if you're not comfortable revealing.

thanks.

The one I still have was received on 3 September. Remembered getting/seeing one later with 2 SM fo less than $1699.

item :
1) Olympus E10 @ S$1,620.00

Originally posted by Que Lynn

big ugly box? and i'm sure you meant ttl optical viewfinder, instead of EVF (electronic viewfinder)... :p

:embrass: Heh, yep, the TTL optical viewfinder. And as for the ugly box, I'm refering to the black rectangle which covers 1/3 of your lcd screen when you press your info button, which toggles between the focus length and aperture info screen.

If you still have your receipt handy, you can give it a try. Bring your receipt to Olympus service centre (there's one at High Street Centre, opp parliament house), they might still give you admission to the course. And, you might want to bring some of your best shots for printing, I think they'll only charged you for the paper.

Thanks for the info regarding the flash!! :gbounce: :gbounce:
Yum...yum... I need to do some shopping... :cool:

Anyone....the spec says that it does not support Microdrive? Is it true? I pretty like the camera.Have thought of getting one too.

Also, it can support a vertical grip too right?:dunno:

Thanks

i would also like to know the disadvantage and advantage of supporting or not supporting micro drive?
how is the battery life like if EVF is used most of the time. asumiing i have no money to get the battery pack
thank you

any idea how long this promo will last?

Originally posted by street
i would also like to know the disadvantage and advantage of supporting or not supporting micro drive?
how is the battery life like if EVF is used most of the time. asumiing i have no money to get the battery pack
thank you
The advantages of using MD is that now, the price of a 1GB MD is just simply too good to resist.

EVF? Sorry I don't think that E10/20 has any EVF on it. It is afterall an SLR. You see thru the len....

There's a "beam" splitter and this allows the LCD to be used for comnposing shots.
Well there is no EVF......that LCD and it diff!!! what the point? seeing thru the len is so much better!!!! the effect of filter are much more clearly seen on the OVF then thru the LCD.....

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Well there is no EVF......that LCD and it diff!!! what the point? seeing thru the len is so much better!!!! the effect of filter are much more clearly seen on the OVF then thru the LCD.....

I never said through the OVF is lousy lah! Just that it's a bit different from other DLSR in that the flip-out LCD can be used for composition.

I never said through the OVF is lousy lah! Just that it's a bit different from other DLSR in that the flip-out LCD can be used for composition.
Never say you say it!:p
hehhehahahaaaa

Just one of the good thing abt it! Anyway, got check out the E20 w grip at CP?...it BIG!!!!!!

Yes, Bluestrike...I saw the E20+grip+flash at CP. Looks good though......so no Microdrive for E10?

Originally posted by street
thank you

Ehmm... by EVF - did you mean the LCD? I wouldn't recommend using the LCD for composing normal shots at all. ;) The optical viewfinder is much much better. However, I have used the LCD once in a while when I have to raise the camera above my head so it can see a certain scene better.

Battery life, let's see...

I use Sanyo 1850 nimhs, and have the preview setting to "auto" when I shoot. Meaning, when I take a shot, a preview is displayed on the screen until I press something or after a certain period of time.

A pack of four batteries lasts me from about 9:30 am to about 3pm on a regular weekend day's shoot (I guess I stop for a 20-minute lunch or so somewhere during that time).

As for microdrive support, some E-10 users have reported success using a 340mb microdrive, but definitely not the 1 Gig one. Er, I think the E-20 can use the 1Gig microdrives though... or at least I thought it would be able to?

Here are a few links that might be useful:
Someone who is using a 340mb Microdrive
Same user talking about the 1 Gig MD

Status
Not open for further replies.