Olympus E-M1 Mk3

Thanks! I checked with one of the popular camera shops. It is still quite far off from the pre-order launch price. I will wait a bit more :p or maybe move to something else completely.
Just received this email from Olympus. This is closer to the pre-launch price for the EM5.3
The pre-launch price was a crazy offer and many photographers with EM1.2
bought it as a spare camera and some bought 2 to sell. Dont think it will happen
so soon again as Olympus has other products lined up for promotion in next 12 months
1) 12-45 F4
2) Pen F
3) 150-400 with 1.25 TC
4) EM10 Mk 4

Just received this email from Olympus. This is closer to the pre-launch price for the EM5.3
The pre-launch price was a crazy offer and many photographers with EM1.2
bought it as a spare camera and some bought 2 to sell. Dont think it will happen
so soon again as Olympus has other products lined up for promotion in next 12 months
1) 12-45 F4
2) Pen F
3) 150-400 with 1.25 TC
4) EM10 Mk 4

View attachment 71490
I think $1.5k for the E-M5.3 is still overpriced. The E-M1.3 pre-order price doesn’t seem that attractive. It is almost the price of an A73 and higher than a X-T3. How much is the normal price? I don’t understand Olympus’ pricing strategy. They really think they can command a premium over competitors’s cameras which have better specifications?

I was too slow in the E-M5.3 pre-order. Just when I decided to get it, it was sold out.

I think $1.5k for the E-M5.3 is still overpriced. The E-M1.3 pre-order price doesn’t seem that attractive. It is almost the price of an A73 and higher than a X-T3. How much is the normal price? I don’t understand Olympus’ pricing strategy. They really think they can command a premium over competitors’s cameras which have better specifications?

I was too slow in the E-M5.3 pre-order. Just when I decided to get it, it was sold out.

My advice is don't let that $200 difference be your deciding factor.
Just make sure any system has all the lenses you need and
the body has the features you need.

For those still seating on the fence (like me) not sure whether to get the EM1.3 at pre-launch price,
here is video with 8 more hidden features not covered in other views that may persuade you to get one :)

For those still seating on the fence (like me) not sure whether to get the EM1.3 at pre-launch price,
here is video with 8 more hidden features not covered in other views that may persuade you to get one :)

So r u getting?

So r u getting?
Hmm.... I am holding back first, as 2 of my overseas trip was cancelled.
May get when my birthday month comes :)

• Haha
Reactions: wonglp
After much contemplation, I have decided to stay with the m43 system and bought a used E-M1.2 from one of the bros here. I had already sold my E-M5.1 and was almost going to sell off everything but decided that the m43 still suits me best for what I use the camera for - travel, family. I also weighed between getting a new E-M5.3 vs a used E-M1.2 and decided to go for the latter as it is cheaper and gives me more capability at the same time.

My next step is to find a good used 12-100mm. If anyone wants to sell, please let me know!

After much contemplation, I have decided to stay with the m43 system and bought a used E-M1.2 from one of the bros here. I had already sold my E-M5.1 and was almost going to sell off everything but decided that the m43 still suits me best for what I use the camera for - travel, family. I also weighed between getting a new E-M5.3 vs a used E-M1.2 and decided to go for the latter as it is cheaper and gives me more capability at the same time.

My next step is to find a good used 12-100mm. If anyone wants to sell, please let me know!
ooh, you bought from Andrew (anter) ? 12-100mm used is hard to find, coz those who bought it would love it alot like me. but hope you find one soon. The prices of Oly lenses, unfortunately had gone up early this month too...

ooh, you bought from Andrew (anter) ? 12-100mm used is hard to find, coz those who bought it would love it alot like me. but hope you find one soon. The prices of Oly lenses, unfortunately had gone up early this month too...
Yes! I bought it from Andrew. Nice guy. I thought of getting the 12-100 from PIs as well as it is quite a lot cheaper. I didn’t know that Oly raised their lens prices :-(.

Last edited: