Olympus E-300 800 & 1600 as 'boost'

Status
Not open for further replies.
for value for money, get the FL-36.

FL-36, :thumbsup: . sgd 310

FL-50 is double the price of FL-36. But if you are covering the wedding in a church or large hall, the FL-50 is the choice (see hammer_400 reason).

:cheers:

kktan said:
FL-36, :thumbsup: . sgd 310

FL-50 is double the price of FL-36. But if you are covering the wedding in a church or large hall, the FL-50 is the choice (see hammer_400 reason).

Agreed, FL50 got longer reach. Many ppl who started with FL36 ended up with FL50 after some shooting. Do reasearch and invest your money in something for the long run ;)

bariq said:
Agreed, FL50 got longer reach. Many ppl who started with FL36 ended up with FL50 after some shooting. Do reasearch and invest your money in something for the long run ;)

Yep.. get the FL-50.. my FL-36 is now sitting in the dry cabi.

If u are intrested in the 36 just PM me.

:)

the fl-36 is quite powerful actually.... i was surpirised how powerful it is.... especially for such a small 2 battery flash...
for camparison sake, the vivitar 283 has a gn of 120, the fl-36 has a gn of 118.... the fl-50 on the other hand has a gn of 164....
the main reason pplr upgrade i think would be more for the faster recycle times...

hammer_400 said:
the fl-36 is quite powerful actually.... i was surpirised how powerful it is.... especially for such a small 2 battery flash...
for camparison sake, the vivitar 283 has a gn of 120, the fl-36 has a gn of 118.... the fl-50 on the other hand has a gn of 164....
the main reason pplr upgrade i think would be more for the faster recycle times...

another 2 reasons for the upgrade would be easier swiveling of the flash head & the extra power helps when u want to bounce the light.

just my 2cents

which means if I own a FL-40 and I get a FL-36, that will be a downgrade right? using it with my C-5050 now.

tao said:
which means if I own a FL-40 and I get a FL-36, that will be a downgrade right? using it with my C-5050 now.

I suppose the Fl-40 is designed for the Prosumer Range of oly cameras while the FL-36 was designed for the dslr range.

Both are good flashes, & the FL-36 is an improvement of a more efficent electronics package. As of today I have yet to see flashes operate on 2 batteries.

btw i sometimes use the 5050z with the FL-36 as i find the bigger unit "overkill"

chii said:
Yep.. get the FL-50.. my FL-36 is now sitting in the dry cabi.

If u are intrested in the 36 just PM me.

:)

Hi Chii, your FL-36 still available?

Hi i hav read some reviews from the cnetasia.com and they didn't rate the E-300 very highly especially in terms of the image quality area. Jus asking you all real E-300 owners, whether it's worth getting the E-300 or not

Thx

Hi Bernstein1234,

Cnet Asia is the last place you would ever want to look for reviews. Do some read up at www.dpreview.com for a better and clearer reviews of your favourite camera. The E-300 has its features and functions that meets almost every users' needs. Have a nice day.

Cheers
Hazmee

bernstein1234 said:
Hi i hav read some reviews from the cnetasia.com and they didn't rate the E-300 very highly especially in terms of the image quality area. Jus asking you all real E-300 owners, whether it's worth getting the E-300 or not

Thx

E-300 is my 1st DSLR, and I'm satisfied with what it can achieve :
http://photogallery.filmalley.com/Photos.aspx?ID=13

bernstein1234 said:

Thx

the in-camera-jpg image quality is pretty good... but in RAW, its :thumbsup: excellent

I'm using E-300 and am very happy with it. :)

Bought the E-300 b4 the 2 kits lens offer. :(

Oly now offer the E-300 with the 14-45mm and
the 40-150mm kits lens. :thumbsup:

SIGH, Why didn't Oly have this offer earlier. :sticktong

bernstein1234 said:

Thx

Yesterday, I went for the Olympus Expedition at the Botanical Gardens.
It was drizzling and these are some of the pics using HQ quality images (1280 X 960) I was initially worried that shooting at a lower image quality will result in poorer output - apparently my fears were unfounded.

http://getsurin.multiply.com/photos...573534&r=1121573543&r=1121573570&r=1121573583
I think CNET people are more technies and not photographers.

I am not satisfied with some of the pictures as I wished to have better control over the reflection from water, the bright sky, etc, but in order to overcome this, it is not the camera but other factors like aperture and shutter control, etc. just to name a few.

I bought the E-300 as I need flexibility over a point and shoot camera. At the same time, I was not willing to pay the price of a Nikon or Canon. I have been using the camera for the past 6 mths (my first DSLR. Before that I was using c5060wz). I realise that the lenses I bought can be used for any future Olympus bodies if I choose to upgrade.
Another important reason is that Olympus is the only DSLR maker now that builts its camera based on a true digital design. Here is a link for a detailed explanation
http://www.four-thirds.org/en/index_01.htm

Hope this helps :)

Also, I like its flexibility of allowing me to shoot various sizes and compressions like:

Res:
1. 640x480 (VGA)
2. 1024x768 (XGA)
3. 1600x1200 (2 MP)
4. 2560x1920 (5MP)
5. 3264x2448 (8MP)

Compression:

1. 1/2.7
2. 1/4
3. 1/8

to mix and match in camera, to produce the most optimized quality:size according to my shooting needs. I think not many DSLR allow this.

At times when I shoot RAW, this is the quality setting:

- RAW + 5MP JPEG with least compression at 1/2.7

i was suppose to go for yesterday's botanica garden trip but didnt turn up due to camera was sent for repair.

in order to reduce reflection from the water or get a nice blue sky in early morning or late afternoon...you have to use circular polariser. from there u can further saturate the colour of the sky in software.....however there is a limit to how much you can do without making it look fake.

i am able to print up to 10"x15"(slightly smaller than A3) in excellent photo print out using high SQ JPEG in e-300.

Those who needs some convincing about how good a print can be (in terms of colour and sharpness in e-300), do pm me to view my prints...... for a price of kopi! :sweat:

A few more high iso shots...
these were shot raw at iso 800, no PP just slight crop and USM, no NR...
shot using my sigma 55-200..

Bee2.jpg

Bee.jpg

I just got my e300 dual lens kit. I think is a good buy.

BUY BUY BUY .................

Status
Not open for further replies.