Olympus club worth it?

gnesgnoy

Dec 22, 2009
Pasir Ris
Hi guys,
Thinking of joining Olympus club to get the 20% discount for below lens. However, checked the street prices seems compared with club difference is like 15%~20% already.

1) Mc-14
2) Olympus 25mm 1.8

Also not all lens enjoy the 20% too. Can guys advise whether it is worth to join the club just for the discounts?

Thanks!

I thought all lenses are inside that 20% (btw, it's only birthday month), just Em1m2 not in (but I could wrong)? The Pro lenses are about 10% lower in the shops (roughly) than shopatolympus.com prices which is the the basis of the 20%, so it is worth it for Pro lenses. I think non Pro lenses won't be as good deal as it more than 10% like what you mentioned.

The club membership
https://home.olympusimage.com.sg/ois/index.php/eclub/

There's a $50 voucher which maybe useful to buy batteries/accessories. And if you like to join the outdoor workshops some of the courses are pretty interesting.

I do not think it is a fantastic bargain but as wonglp said, it is worth for Pro lenses. The only hope I wish is to enjoy the 0% installment plan which the club does not offer.

Last year I bought the 40-150mm Pro lens and this year i just bought the 7-14mm Pro lens. Joined the Football game shoot. If you know what you want I think it is still worth to join like cleaning services and classes. If you are thinking of a great advantage for saving or services then you may be little disappointed.

Thanks for the generous comments. Pro lens I already have the 12-40 and 40-150. Yet to date haven't find a good reason to get the ultra wide 7-14. Will shelf off the plan for now. Thank you.