Olympus C2040 - All Sold Out at John 3:16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Jan 18, 2002
North West
Visit site
Was at John 3:16 last night and Samuel told me that they brought in 2 batches of 25 qty each of C2040. And they all SOLD OUT.

According to Samuel, C2040 is not out of production yet (I guess is end of product life cycle). So for those who miss it, you have a third chance now. John 3:16 is bringing in the 3rd batch.:rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

really a popular camera :p I wonder whether it's a special arrangement like Alan Photo's C2100UZ....

I believe it is a special deal. At such a price with free gifts for Oly.

According to Sam, other shops not bringing in C2040 because they are pushing Oly C990!!!:confused:

Originally posted by Kevin
I believe it is a special deal. At such a price with free gifts for Oly.

According to Sam, other shops not bringing in C2040 because they are pushing Oly C990!!!:confused:

Erm....the C-990z and C-2040z both have 3x optical zoom + 2.1MP...but that's where the similarities end.

The C-2040z with its brighter lens and manual controls is much more flexible than the point-n-shoot C-990z (also called the D-490z in USA). :)

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?cameras=oly_d490z&method=sidebyside

Seems all clearing old stocks now.. :)

I am using the C-990Z for quite a while already.. though it's a good decent camera, the 2040 is definitely a more flexible camera.. in case anyone is buying one. I'd think the 2040 is still one of the better quality 2.1mp cam.

Wa nebber know our camera so hot ah Kevin...

Glad to know that I've bought a good one hee

Dropped by MS Colour in AMK this morning to pick up something.....saw them displayig an Oly C-2040z...didn't ask for price though.

Saw the Oly C-40z over there too...

Wow! Very the compact leh!!! :)

Originally posted by Jayan
Dropped by MS Colour in AMK this morning to pick up something.....saw them displayig an Oly C-2040z...didn't ask for price though.

Saw the Oly C-40z over there too...

Wow! Very the compact leh!!! :)

That was actually my target until I saw the price of the QV2900UX ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.