Olympus C-5050Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
yahoo, msn..etc all got place for you to upload pics ma

or openlens, pbase ..etc

Using 4 Sanyo 1850 batteries (not even seasoned yet - only second time recharge):

1. 260+ shots to an IBM Microdrive with LCD and AF on for ALL shots until the MD ran out of space

and then, using the same unrecharged set of batteries, another

2. 25 minutes of video with sound

until the batteries ran out.

It's GREAT battery life alright.

Originally posted by TSC
Justify? I tell u, I have used a Fuji 40i and the 2 NiMH batteries dun last more than a day with my usage. I switched to G1 and I found that its lithium batteries could last me a week before I needed to recharge it. With the 5050, I have been using Li CRV5 batteries since I bought it at Xitec. And this has included the extra usage because of fiddling around with it while looking thru the manual. And up till today, there is no low battery sign yet. I unreservedly say that the battey life is SUPER EXCELLENT. And this camera got no shutter lag too.

Thanks for sharing. Do you meant to say "Li CR3V" batteries, instead of "Li CRV5"? It's true that the "Li CR3V" batteries are very lasting, but unfortunately they are both expensive and not rechargeable.

sorry, it is the crv3 batteries. btw, my batteries started showing low battery signal today. think it has been sl more than 2 weeks since xitec. i think there must have been more than a thousand shots. on some days i shoot about 100 pics. all with lcd, af, histogram and 70% with flash on. just popped in my new nimh oly aa batteries. will see how long they will last. to me, this is super excellent already, cos with my old camera, i was changing aa nimh every day!

Hi

I just seen some samples here, dunno who does it belong to
http://www.pbase.com/ghostrider8/root

First impression, noise are really bad using default settings, especially on some potraits shots, face are almost cover with grainy spots

However, i also have seen some photos at pbase from 5050, using sharpness -5, i managed to retrieve the picture and apply my usual process in photoshop using USM, and it definetly turns out alot better with minimum noise

Help this is helpful to you

Hi Hong,

Agreed with u, my picture have some grainy spot. The portrait shot (sitting baby ) is taken immediately after buying it from SITEX. I have notice that the 5050 portrait mode of the 5050 is always very grainy.

Hope to see other 5050 user photo gallery.

have you try turning off the sharpness when taking potrait and process it using USM or edge sharpen in ps?

Originally posted by hong
have you try turning off the sharpness when taking potrait and process it using USM or edge sharpen in ps?

Will try that next time. Not familar with PS, what is USM?

usm is to sharpen the image lor :D

generally, we try to turn down in camera sharpness to reduce artifacts or grainy spots on the pics, and post process the pic in photoshop to get the ulimate photo :)

in photoshop, there is a famous action by fred miranda that enable us to sharpen the edge only instead of the whole pic, in this way, grainy spots on flat surfaces like sky ..etc will not be overblown .. and finally we still can a sharp pic we wanted

Originally posted by hong

in photoshop, there is a famous action by fred miranda that enable us to sharpen the edge only instead of the whole pic, in this way, grainy spots on flat surfaces like sky ..etc will not be overblown .. and finally we still can a sharp pic we wanted
Where can I get this action? Is it free? And do we have to change any settings or just apply the action to the pictures?

Are u refering to the FM Intellisharpen for sharpening the photo. Look impressive. But have to pay not free leh.

you can change the setting according to your camera :D after this it is good to do another round of USM to remove the cast

typical setting for me to remove the haze
radius 20
percentage 15-40%
threshold 2-5

hmm, the oriental hotel name seems kana CA leh?? :confused: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.