Status
Not open for further replies.

kktan

Jan 24, 2005
Lands behind the Wood
Copy from dpreview. ;)

What has been changed? ;p

Enhanced exposure metering stability:
To provide even more precise readings and give photographers more control over their compositions, the stability of Digital ESP and Centre-Weighted-Average metering has been improved.

Button Timer:
Photographers can now set the time period for how long a modified setting remains active until it reverts to the basic setting of the mode currently in use. This customised interval setting option lets users tailor the camera better to their specific requirements.

Two new underwater scene programmes:
Together with the PT-E01 underwater case and ports for the Olympus E-300, plus the wide range of accessories, photographers can now fully explore beneath the water’s surface. Two new scene programmes, Underwater Macro and Underwater Wide, have been specifically created for underwater photography.

Changed start-up process for future lenses:
Looking to the future, the start-up process has been changed to support interchangeable lenses that will be released as the E-System range continues to grow.

:cheers:

how abt the JPEG smearing issue?

Wow.. great news, thanks. And thanks to Oly for their commitments.

I wonder what is the last enhancement about : "Start-up process for Future lenses" ?

Oly is really working hard!
Can't wait to go home and perform this upgrade!
Still hope for:
1. able to save more than 1 custom WB
2. change the AEL to toggle base

Upgraded mine today ..............
No time to try new features

ykkok said:
Wow.. great news, thanks. And thanks to Oly for their commitments.

I wonder what is the last enhancement about : "Start-up process for Future lenses" ?

may mean that optical stabilised lens are coming... :)

the focusing on the 40-150mm feels a lot faster than previously in low light condition! haben try out other lens yet!

auto WB(ESP) looks a lot better now(more natural) in warm lighting(room).

saw some fishes swimming in my info screen :eek:

Upgrade successful! It is a bliss with the great design of Olympus Master upgrade feature. At this rate of firmware upgrade, this will be industry benchmark.

Not too sure how to test and verify point one. Like the point two improvement.

As for WB, still prefer to use the custom white-balance.

Is it a better choice to stabilize the CCD like KM than the lens? Surely point 4 indicate a new kind of len is in making. Panasonic technology must be IS in the lens then. C-2100 is back.... :)

Hi, i couldn't find the 2 new scene modes, Underwater Macro and Underwater Wide after upgrading the firmware. anyone have this problem?

* When taking pictures underwater, the optional underwater housing must be attached.
ch5800 said:
Upgrade successful! It is a bliss with the great design of Olympus Master upgrade feature. At this rate of firmware upgrade, this will be industry benchmark.

Not too sure how to test and verify point one. Like the point two improvement.

As for WB, still prefer to use the custom white-balance.

Is it a better choice to stabilize the CCD like KM than the lens? Surely point 4 indicate a new kind of len is in making. Panasonic technology must be IS in the lens then. C-2100 is back.... :)

kktan said:
Copy from dpreview. ;)

Enhanced exposure metering stability:
To provide even more precise readings and give photographers more control over their compositions, the stability of Digital ESP and Centre-Weighted-Average metering has been improved.

I remember reading someone from dpreview still faces the same old exposure problem as before. This guy claims that not much has improved even with the 1.3 firmware update. He hopes that Oly would fix this "metering" problem with a future 1.4 firmware update ... (if there is going to be one)

ysk said:
Hi, i couldn't find the 2 new scene modes, Underwater Macro and Underwater Wide after upgrading the firmware. anyone have this problem?

* When taking pictures underwater, the optional underwater housing must be attached.

the pdf indicates the use of 2 new scene modes.
download pdf here

Status
Not open for further replies.