Olympus 5060

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of getting a prosumer camera.... :bsmilie:

Going to Grand Canyon & Niagara Falls next mth :cool: ... dont want to bring my Nikon F80 ... want to buy a digi cam...so that I can tell on the spot if my pix is okie.

If money is not a concern, and these are my requirements, what are your advise? Many thanks in advance!! : ;)

1) at least 5 mega pixels
2) with thread for filter
3) 28 to 200 mm
4) small and handy
5) EXCELLENT PICTURE QUALITY
6) with Bulb - at least 30 secs
7) with easy dials to switch from manual to auto

anyone knows when is the next digi cam exhibition ?? before May 04, I hope!

many cheers!!!! :eek:

Just a message to tell you all that I'm now a happy camper. I bought the MUVO2 mp3 player 4GB version from Creative. Then took out the 4GB Hitachi MD (this looks exactly the same as one I saw on the Hitachi site). Then reformatted it to FAT32 32K cluster size on my W2K PC using a cardreader. Popped it into the camera and reformatted it again there. The last step can be avoided if you already create a directory called "DCIM" and a subdirectory in there called "100OLYMP". If the directory already exists, then the camera will not ask to reformat it.

Works about as fast as most 32x speed CF cards, so faster then Lexar WA 24X CF, but slower then Lexar WA 40X or 80X CF cards.

I can now hold 1088 SHQ images on my CF ! I still use the 32MB xD card, but only for the panorama's. I offload the xD by copying to the CF. With the spare battery I can now make about 600 pictures before needing a PC.

Price difference: 4G MD direct from Hitahi: 550 EUR, indirect from Creative: 240 EUR ! Talk about a great deal.

Hi, G-san, issit easy to remove the microdrive.

read some speed comparison of CF card, microdrive is fastest than 40x card.
your microdrive is not as fast????

Hitachi Microdrive 4GB Hitachi II 2003/10/30 3152K/sec
Lexar Media 1GB 40X Write Acceleration
(Edge stamp, first two digits: 38; WA on front label) Lexar I 2003/8/28 3140K/sec
Lexar Media 1GB 32X Write Acceleration
(Edge stamp, first two digits: 38; WA on front label) Lexar I 2003/4/1 3126K/sec

Hi, redstorm, any problem with direct print to canon cp-200 printer.
I can select to print date on the photo under print reservation.
But when go to actual print menu, its grey out, cam't print the date, but photo can print.
any help here thks

jefflyc said:
Hi, redstorm, any problem with direct print to canon cp-200 printer.
I can select to print date on the photo under print reservation.
But when go to actual print menu, its grey out, cam't print the date, but photo can print.
any help here thks

Sorry, dude, I can't be of any help as I don't own any photo printer. Most of my images are saved into hard drive and a copy burnt into CD as backup. I seldom print them. For me, it's more economical to send it to the photo lab than doing it on photo printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.