Oly 3040 or Nikon 995

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by rumraisin
I don't know about the Oly 3040 but somehow I didn't like the feel of the 995. Its zoom grinds laboriously into place, not smooth at all.

I read this from Dpreview:

Another thing: the twisty lcd on the 5000 just does not compare to the 995's mechanism. It's soooo much easier to twist the 995 in order to get that odd angle. You just do it intuitively without even thinking about it. With the 5000 you've got to pull the monitor out, twist it around the other way, and then try to hold onto that little bitty lcd screen without ever really being sure if you've got the camera on a straight plane. I found it to be not nearly as "inviting" as the 995's twist.

one of the advantage of having that non-camera like design is that it can become a make-shift tripod. put it on a table, fence, dustbin or anything... it's as good as a tripod.

Yah I have to admit the body of the 995 is pretty nifty. It's a very clever idea to separate the eye and the brain parts, but it makes so much sense. Now it would be even nicer if you could actually detach the eye part from the brain part and wave it around!

Originally posted by rumraisin
Yah I have to admit the body of the 995 is pretty nifty. It's a very clever idea to separate the eye and the brain parts, but it makes so much sense. Now it would be even nicer if you could actually detach the eye part from the brain part and wave it around!

not necessary. I give you a situation:

you want to take a shot. How many hands do you need to operate a G2? at least 2!(yeap. One hand to hold the right hand side, aka the "brain" (what you have said). Another hand? of course the eye......:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

for 995. Only one hand will do! Don't believe? imagine it/get one!:thumbsup:

No camera is perfect and suit the need of everyone. CP9x0 series has best macro. The swivel LCD design becomes standard now too. I once shot a flower of 2cm in diameter down to the ground with a tripod. The distance is 2cm. With CP950 I did it with great satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.