Old places Access.

Sgdevilzz

May 16, 2010
Good evening CSers! I'm planning to go to some old places in Singapore to explore and take pictures at the same time. I've come up with some places but i'm not sure if i am still able to access it or not. Here's the lists.

EDIT: I'm planning on filming as well.

1. Dragon Fountain @ whampoa - I wonder if it's still there... Taking a high angle shot, probably need to step inside the empty fountain. No problem right?

2. Dragon Playground @toa payoh - Don't think it's a problem.

3.Queensway Entertainment Centre - Taking the exterior, do i need permission from the owner or something?

4. Haw Par Villa - Is it still open? Planning to shoot outisde the main entrance and maybe the inside. Need permission?

5. Dover Playground - Public, don't think it's a problem.

6. Railway bridge near Clementi street 14 - Is it still around? I've Seen some pictures and it looks quite unsteady there are gaps all over. safe?

I appreciate your help everyone! Travelling is not the problem since i'll be taking cab to these various places :)

Last edited:
Haw Par Villa is still open, but very quiet. Not sure about the rest though.

Haw Par Villa is still open, but very quiet. Not sure about the rest though.

Thanks. Is it a public place? or Private? Because i might need to ask permission before i shoot inside. I Might be filming as well.

Haw Par Villa is open to public. but it's pretty run down. bring lots of mopiko

It's a tourist attraction so normal photography is allowed, but if you want to do a photo/video shoot with models, lighting etc, it might be best to ask the staff first.

Haw Par Villa is the least i'm worried about currently now, since it's public and still opened. Thanks for the tips!

still need to know if it's safe to film/phototaking on the railway track near clementi street 14 though.

guess it's safe. there aren't any more trains running thru there

No. 1 is no problem. Artefact is still there. Fountain is empty. You can get a high-angle shot from the nearby block.

6. Railway bridge near Clementi street 14 - Is it still around? I've Seen some pictures and it looks quite unsteady there are gaps all over. safe?
No issue, it's stable. The gaps are 'by design' since it's only meant for trains and some inspection from time to time, not for pedestrians. Watch your steps and you'll be fine.

No issue, it's stable. The gaps are 'by design' since it's only meant for trains and some inspection from time to time, not for pedestrians. Watch your steps and you'll be fine.

Sounds like it's still intact. Many parts of the railway are removed already..

will be dropping by sometime soon for a sunset shoot :)

Thanks for the heads up! Don't think they will take the whole bridge down as it's quite long.

Hi TS, Queensway entertainment center is not boarded up yet but the surrounding HDB block and NTUC supermarket/carpark is already boarded up.There is nothing interesting about the facade of queensway cinema/ex bowling or KFC outlet part,unless the ticketing counter and the brickwall with worn out painting interest you or just having a record of the building.The place may be nostalgic but progress and life goes on.:cry:pS but who knows you may be another Ansell Adams in the making?

Last edited:
one eye jack said:
Hi TS, Queensway entertainment center is not boarded up yet but the surrounding HDB block and NTUC supermarket/carpark is already boarded up.There is nothing interesting about the facade of queensway cinema/ex bowling or KFC outlet part,unless the ticketing counter and the brickwall with worn out painting interest you or just having a record of the building.The place may be nostalgic but progress and life goes on.:cry:pS but who knows you be be another Ansell Adams in the making?

Well I do love old buildings. Especially if it's rundown and deserted :) too bad Singapore doesn't keep all these beautiful structures alive for long..

Well I do love old buildings. Especially if it's rundown and deserted :) too bad Singapore doesn't keep all these beautiful structures alive for long..

Have to understand that land is getting more and more precious with every passing day..

SkyStrike said:
Have to understand that land is getting more and more precious with every passing day..

For Singapore. Yes. That is why I am very enthusiastic on these stuff before they are gone forever.

There's quite a few spots with deserted buildings along the KTM railway. I can recall one southwards of Bouna Vista MRT station, a couple northwards of Gombak crossing and another few also northwards of Sungei Kadut crossing. All of them are small one-storey abandoned houses. The first one near Bouna Vista (people always photograph the graffiti on its wall outside but hardly anyone goes in) is my favorite. There's a double bed inside right in the middle with two chairs in front. Very, erm, "atmospheric"... the whole scene feels like drawing me in, inviting me to sit on the bed (I didn't, btw) or something, hard to describe. There's also a small room that's sorta being barricaded up. :think:

Oh yes, also came across a few near the Queensway flyover. Very kampung-like but all locked and boarded up. Not sure, might be still inhabited. Candle offerings are still being lighted at the small shrine there.
:)

CamInit said:
There's quite a few spots with deserted buildings along the KTM railway. I can recall one southwards of Bouna Vista MRT station, a couple northwards of Gombak crossing and another few also northwards of Sungei Kadut crossing. All of them are small one-storey abandoned houses. The first one near Bouna Vista (people always photograph the graffiti on its wall outside but hardly anyone goes in) is my favorite. There's a double bed inside right in the middle with two chairs in front. Very, erm, "atmospheric"... the whole scene feels like drawing me in, inviting me to sit on the bed (I didn't, btw) or something, hard to describe. There's also a small room that's sorta being barricaded up. :think:

Oh yes, also came across a few near the Queensway flyover. Very kampung-like but all locked and boarded up. Not sure, might be still inhabited. Candle offerings are still being lighted at the small shrine there.
:)

Thanks for the many places! I live at buona vista so I pass by everyday and saw the pink Grafitti. But I don't see any small houses there, or do you mean the beds are actually inside the tunnel? The tracks over there had already been removed

Thanks for the many places! I live at buona vista so I pass by everyday and saw the pink Grafitti. But I don't see any small houses there, or do you mean the beds are actually inside the tunnel? The tracks over there had already been removed

Pink graffiti? Not sure what you mean but I am referring to this:
IMG_7228-7230_HDR.jpg

Pic taken last Saturday.

You have to walk along the tracks in the South direction for a couple hundred meters. I believe biopolis is right behind it. and yeah, the tracks should have be gone by now. :(