Old Parliament house

Basu1

Mar 20, 2012
DSC_0062-3111-21.JPG

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
All areas, especially on post processing. B&W, contrast...

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Trying to capture the historical Singapore

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
The picture was taken few years back at around 2 PM in overcast condition. This was shot handheld with a D90 in P mode using 18-105 lens.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I realise that the dome does not have enough contrast at the top. Also, the picture could have been better if I would have followed the rule of third.

To have more impact, I feel it would be better to go closer to the building and use a wider focal length. Also by adding a little yellow tint, it would give it a more historical feel. Just my 2 cents =)

yup agree that if it's closer, would have been better. maybe u can just increase the contrast a little bit more. would have a greater impact.

Thanks WhitePaper. I have added the yellow tint. Let me know if this looks better.

The building is under renovation and would try to use wide focal length once it re-opens.

DSC_0062-3111-211.jpg

Thanks for the comments Whitepaper.

The feeling I get with the one with yellow tint, is that it feels abit too sharp for it. I'm still kinda stuck with the mentality that pictures tinted to look "oldish" should not be too sharp.

yeah, that's the former supreme court, not Old parliament house. Anyway i like the original (without the yellow tint to it), as it gives a more cold/older without the excessive rustic feel of every old pic to it, and kind of giving the feeling of the colourless 60s (or whatever that year was).