Old Jurong Railway...how`s that for an outing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
did a recce.

Overall...most of the track and bridges is in okay condition. But the path through is not for everyone.

walked from clementi to west coast.

Unless these guys are thrill jumpers...gonna have to organize a day/date that everyone can commit soon unless dont mind skipping that part of the track.
23850_380049943165_835728165_3631764_7281046_n.jpg

the route is like a rojak of clear paths to serious off roading and tricky footings.

From what i observe....
at most will be less then 10 people can join for better management.
strictly long pants and off trail shoes and preferably long sleeve shirt.....slippers are forbidden as we will be walking on broken ceramic on a part of the route.
bring your own water and plasters for possible cuts.
extra shirt just in case.
need about 4hrs roughly.

Last edited:
I have tried going both ways... one is from Sunset Way to West Coast. Pretty easy if you ask me.

From Sunset Way to the Bukit Timah railway tracks... now that's a bit tricky with knee-length mud if you attempt to go into the tunnel underneath Clementi Road, and beyond.

Yea looking forward for this outing as well.

I have tried going both ways... one is from Sunset Way to West Coast. Pretty easy if you ask me.

From Sunset Way to the Bukit Timah railway tracks... now that's a bit tricky with knee-length mud if you attempt to go into the tunnel underneath Clementi Road, and beyond.

I've always wanted to do this... but is it really that messy?

Hey guys, count me in if the outing is on... I stay at Hume Avenue which is a short walk to the railway heh!

Actually there's another part of the railway too.. near King Albert Park. Did a car shoot there with some friends once. That one more accessible... Also along Bukit Timah Rd (On the junction towards Clementi Rd)

Hey guys, count me in if the outing is on... I stay at Hume Avenue which is a short walk to the railway heh!

Actually there's another part of the railway too.. near King Albert Park. Did a car shoot there with some friends once. That one more accessible... Also along Bukit Timah Rd (On the junction towards Clementi Rd)

The one you mentioned above is a live railway line belonging to KTM. The one mentioned in this thread is an old abandoned railway line, added to the main Singapore line from Bukit Timah Railway Station to Jurong Port Road.

I did some walkabout on a small portion of that abandoned line at Clementi - Sunset Way.

You can view it H. E. R. E.

Went there when i was very young. My dad brought me there during my childhood days where the tracks are still clean and maintain by cutting those grasses eventhough no train was using that tracks. Quite remember it very well and there are another tunnel which not many been there as you need to go into the terrace resident(near Faber hill) to find that tunnel and there is a long steps down. I've lost the negative of the film and so i might be going there again via bicycle.

From pandan road, there is an access...you will meet many illegal farming on the land of malaysia since that land belong to malaysia. haha but well, i went there alone and realised when you walk there...you're feel someone is watching you.

Parts of the tracks which i've explore now have been remove by the authorities. When i travel there, i using will read the 1988 singapore street directories to track back the train tracks and compare with the latest singapore tracks.

So not bad place to explore and thanks to my dad, I've explore it before it was totally unexploreable in 2001-2002 when many changes happen to the tracks.

FYI( the tracks start from Lorong Lidi behind the Singapore Boys Home(not sure if it still there) and the tracks will be divided by 3 at Jalan Terusan and at Ahmad Ibrahim and the longest end will stop at Shipyard Road)

Last edited:
Can someone show on a map where is the adandone line ? Where is the starting point to walk ?

Thanks

If you guys are agreeable...tentatively how is 10 april 2010?

do feedback if have problem with the date.

Count me ... I like to join in. I'm ok with the date :D

I'm okay too, but only if we're not crossing that bridge in #21. I've been on that bridge once and thats more than enough for me!! ;)

I am okay with the date.. count me in..
Just let me know the time.

I 'd like to join. May I know the timing?

I think I have phobia going up high places (just found out when I climbed the old railway at Sunset Way)... but otherwise, will be interested in this also, if the timing is right. Keep us updated ;)

the date is set then.

how about 9am there? That way wont interfere with any later day activities. Should end at the most 1pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.